Our client, a well-established and growing law firm centrally located in Surrey has an immediate opening for an experienced Litigation Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal on their team. The successful candidate will work in a collegial team environment supporting lawyers with Commercial Litigation files.
Our client offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits plan including a Health Spending Account
- Pension Plan
- Firm social events
- Parking or Transit allowance
- Opening and closing files
- Drafting correspondence
- Maintaining an active bring forward system
- Communicating with and scheduling experts
- Formatting and proofreading legal documents
- Acting as a liaison between client, lawyer, and opposing counsel
- Requesting records and documentation
- Filing of documents
- Organizing files, binders, and other file-related materials
- Managing monthly billing
- Calendar management, and booking appointments, trials, and discoveries
- Other tasks as required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in a Canadian law firm's Litigation group
- Strong computer skills with programs such as MS Office
- Working knowledge of BC and Federal court rules
- Legal Administrative Assistant certificate or diploma from a recognized institution
- Effective communicator, strong interpersonal skills, and a team player
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and document management skills
For more information, please apply today.
You may be interested in this job if you have Canadian experience in the following: litigation, employment law, construction, personal injury, civil, mediation, commercial litigation, general litigation, personal injury.
We encourage you to visit us at www.hunterwest.ca as our list of Current Opportunities is updated regularly on there! We also invite you to connect with us to learn more and to access our expertise and our connections during your job search.
Please note that offers of employment may be subject to background checks, and that all applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and reside within a reasonable distance to commute regularly or semi-regularly to the location of the posted job.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Please note that we are only able to respond to those who meet the above requirements, and are selected for interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Canadian Litigation: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person