The Canadian Cancer Society is a national organization of volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer. Visit www.relayforlife.ca to learn more about this inspiring event!
What is Involved: By utilizing your personal and professional networks you will work collaboratively with your Canadian Cancer Society staff partner and Relay For Life Community Engagement Chair to plan and execute the event day experience focusing on event logistics.
The Event Experience Chair will focus on the following areas:
- Leads the event day operations – focusing on logistics and participant experience
- Works directly with Community Engagement Chair, and supports other committee leads
Time Commitment: (January 2020 - July 2020)
- Full participation in monthly meetings. Additional time to attend community events or additional meetings. Committed to providing hands-on leadership throughout the actual day of event.
What You Bring to this Position: You are excited and motivated to support Canadians living with cancer by raising funds and awareness for the Canadian Cancer Society. You have strong communication skills and are comfortable speaking to groups and presenting requests. You are ready to use your organizational skills to help others get engaged with Relay in a meaningful way.
- Be a member of a successful team helping to create a world where no one fears cancer.
- Apply your skills and experience to promote Relay For Life in your community.
- Gain leadership experience, public speaking and networking opportunities.
- Have a positive impact in your community.
- Use your creative instincts to create a memorable and meaningful event honoring those effected by cancer in your community.
- Be part of an event that fosters community giving and generosity.
- Get training and learning opportunities to strengthen personal skills.
- Have Fun!
Job Type: Volunteer
- Event Logistics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)