Eminence Organic Skin Care
Graphic Designer/Production Artist
How to Apply
1. Please submit a cover letter and resume.
2. Please include a portfolio or link to a portfolio.
For more information on Eminence Organic Skin Care, visit our website www.eminenceorganics.com, Facebook Page www.facebook.com/EminenceOrganicSkinCare and YouTube Page www.youtube.com/user/eminenceorganics.
Closing Date for Applications: Sunday, June 7th, 2020 at 9pm PST
*Update on Monday, June 8th, 2020: screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Core Hours: Monday to Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
Job Type: 18-month contract with a high likelihood of full-time employment
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices, we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication.
The Graphic Designer/Production Artist is someone who loves production and graphic design alike. You have solid skills, keen attention to detail and an aesthetic eye for colour and typography that aligns with the Eminence brand and creative vision. You have experience with product packaging in the retail space and you have developed expertise in the various stages of packaging development including managing relationships with print vendors, following creative direction and adhering to packaging regulations as well as being dedicated to timelines to support the progress of the overall project. You understand scale and can translate layouts into mechanicals of various sizes. You are intrinsically organized and understand the importance of version control, filing and naming conventions, and your experience has engrained detailed proofing practices into your process. When faced with large scale projects, you are driven by seeing the progress of each task, no matter how small the detail. Candidates should be able to work in a team setting and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. Ability to multi-task is essential as the successful candidate will be expected to manage multiple projects at the same time while maintaining deadlines and attention to detail. The Graphic Designer/Production Artist role consists of 40% production and 60% design work.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Graphic Designer/Production Artist reports directly to the Creative Services Manager and works closely with assigned Project Managers. The Graphic Designer/Production Artist also works in collaboration with the other members of the Marketing, Digital Marketing and Product Development teams. The Graphic Designer/Production Artist works closely with outside vendors and internal Team-members from Marketing, Sales, and Supply Chain to ensure that print and digital collateral are delivered on time with innovation and creativity in mind.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Application of assets to packaging; including retail boxes, labels and silk-screening based on an established brand identity
· Complete copy and/or layout changes as required
· Work with members of Product Development, Marketing and Supply Chain, with the support of the Project Manager, to execute the packaging design process from receiving the dielines, to asset application, pre-flighting, approvals through to delivery
· Partner with project manager to develop timelines, route files and meet deadlines
· Help establish and follow version control practices, filing and naming conventions to ensure an organized methodology throughout the Marketing department
· Prepare accurate and timely vendor-ready files for production and sample development
· Coordinate translation of print materials and labels into other languages
· Work through the development of packaging templates and standards based on established creative direction
· Provide graphic design support for product development, as needed
· Provide graphic artistry and graphic design for Marketing collateral for Product Launches and Non Product Launches, Websites, ebursts and Social Media, Advertising and PR, Print Labels and Packaging (including reprints), as needed
· Attend weekly 1-1 meetings with Creative Services Manager
· Attend Daily Kick-off meetings
· Attend Marketing meetings and Creative meetings as needed
· Attend quarterly Company-Wide Conference Calls
· Attend and assist with the Eminence Annual Business Conference
· Maintain an organized library of images, files and fonts on the internal file server.
· Perform any other Marketing, eMarketing, Public Relations, Sales and Branding related duties as required.
· Exemplify Eminence’s Core Values
· Keep commitments and meet deadlines
· Maintain exceptional relationships with all Eminence suppliers and partners
· Experience as a production artist or graphic designer – 5 years
· Technically adept and proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
· BA/BS degree in Graphic Design or equivalent field
· Retouching experience – asset
· Experience with 3D rendering and illustration – asset
· Portfolio of work
· High level of technical aptitude with the ability to prepare, package, and pre-flight files for production purposes
· Demonstrated analytical, organizational, problem solving, and creative thinking skills
· Fundamental understanding of printing processes and materials
· Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and PLM software
· Ability to work effectively in a multi-project work environment
· Ability to partner with Project Managers to ensure timely delivery of work
· Ability to refine and finalize electronic art files for print/web (when appropriate, provide design input)
· Ability to quickly troubleshoot and solve digital file issues and make adjustments
· Ability to work at a fast pace to meet tight deadlines (or same day turnarounds) while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
· Passionate about building/supporting new production systems and processes from the ground up
· Extremely flexible, with a positive attitude and desire to evolve with a growing organization
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- Graphic Design or Production Artist: 5 years (Preferred)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 2 years (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)