Position: Senior Operations Manager
Job Number: 1020101
Location: Calgary, AB
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary, Bonus and Allowance: Competitive market salary, bonuses and car allowance
-50% Rental Discount
-Company Paid Dental, Vision and Health Care Benefits (including family)
-Group Benefits- AD&D, Short & Long Term Disabilities, Life insurance (including family)
Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a Canadian Publicly Traded Real Estate Investment and Residential Property Management Company, listed as MEQ on the TSX. Mainstreet Equity Corp is continually expanding and now has around 14,000 residential apartment units across Western Canada, British Columbia and Manitoba. Further information on MEQ can be found on our website www.mainst.biz.
Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Operations Manager will work closely with the Operating Officer and the VP operations, as well as the Operations teams across Canada in the next phase of expansion and development. This role is critical to the growth plans of our company and the position is based in Calgary.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the position are as below:
· Execution of corporate initiatives, strategies and plans to achieve business growth targets, objective and goals
· Management and leadership of the Operations team to ensure performance excellence, operational efficiency and business proficiency
· Create an environment that promotes and encourages change and innovation.
· Review and improve the current operating procedures and policies of Mainstreet as whole.
· Develop and enforce the culture and branding of Mainstreet.
· Actively involved in preparation of monthly and annual financial and capital improvement budgets and targets.
· Quality control and assurance of operational functions and systems at Mainstreet
· Ensure that strategic goals are translated into practical actions
· Manage important relationships and act as company liaison with clients, tenants, residents, customer prospects, service vendors, contractors and consultants
· Ensure daily communication and operations efficiency with operations personnel
Qualifications and Requirements
· University degree in Management and/or extensive related experience in the Real Estate or Hospitality Industry
· Must have managed over 3000 units previously
· Must have over 5 years senior management experience
· Must have excellent communication (written & verbal), organizational, time management, and listening skills
· Must be willing to travel to other provinces
· An intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Ability to communicate effectively with tenants and co-workers
· Must be able to adapt and manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities
· Above average problem solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
· Possess the ability to establish key performance indicators for portfolio success
· Possesses a keen ability to recognize problems and create effective course of action to solve issues
· Must be self-directed with the ability to effectively manage time and resources to ensure deadlines are met
· Thrive in an ever-changing environment
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume quoting "Job No. 1020101" in the subject line to our email address. Visit our website for more information (www.mainst.biz).
Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305 - 10 Ave SE, Calgary, Alberta, T2G 0W2
Fax: (403) 266-8867
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Senior Management: 5 years (required)
- Real estate or hospitality: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person