Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Chronic Disease Registered Nurse in our Diabetic Clinic located at Royal Columbian Hospital in New Westminster, BC.
Fraser Health is BC's largest and fastest growing health authority. With over 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers dedicated to providing services that range from acute care to community-based long-term care, home health, mental health and public health, to 1.8 million people – 1/3 of British Columbia’s population.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and residential care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Participating as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Planning, developing and evaluating individualized care plans
- Enhancing patient self-management of diabetes and co-morbidities through teaching, individual counselling and group facilitation
- Promoting and assisting healthy lifestyle adjustments
- Participating and providing input into clinical case reviews, program development and evaluation, education materials and delivery
- Acting as a resource to health care providers and providing information sessions
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing
- Two (2) years' recent related clinical experience assessing and treating patients with diabetes within a chronic disease management framework including supporting self management
- Accreditation as a certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
This role is a casual position located at Royal Columbian Hospital (RCH) in New Westminster, BC. RCH is a provincial referral hospital (tertiary/trauma care centre) with 422 acute beds that is University of BC Affiliated. RCH is located ½ hour from downtown Vancouver, and close to rapid transit, shopping, restaurants and other amenities.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are outstanding in their respective fields. We are proud of the innovation, dedication, teamwork and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Apply today and take the next step in your career, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and aim to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.