BASKETBALL SKILLS COACH POSITION
Position(s): Three Athlete Institute Basketball Skill Coach Opportunities
Type of Position: 6 weekends (Fri night to Sun morning November – April)
Specific Dates: Nov 15-17, Dec 13-15, Jan 3-5, Feb 7-9, Mar 6-8, April 3-5
Compensation: $2100 for 6 weekends + room & board ($350/wk)
Location: Mono, ON (Orangeville)
Websites: www.athleteinstitute.ca & www.gobears.ca
Application Deadline: Friday, October 4th, 2019
Overview: The Skills Coach will program, implement and run small group training sessions at Athlete Institute Basketball Academy.
Programming: The Skills Coach will aid in the creation of basketball skill development progressions at both a macro and micro level. Progressions through a 6-weekend development plan and through individual skills.
Implementation: The Skills Coach will aid in the planning and management of coaches to assign roles and tasks to execute the program.
Skill Development Progress Reports: The Skills Coach will be responsible for monitoring and creating progress report cards on the Academy athletes.
Coaches will be responsible for working with the Academy athletes to execute the program requirements laid out by the Director of Basketball Operations.
Training: Coaches will work with small groups training athletes on skill development progressions.
Coaching: Coaches will teach team concepts and coach in scrimmage and exhibition games.
Life Skills: Act as a positive mentor to young developing basketball players on and off of the court.
Supervision: Skills Coach will be required to stay overnight in the residence and be responsible for monitoring the Academy athletes.
Social Media: Ability to produce positive content regarding basketball activities
- A post-secondary degree or currently enrolled in post-secondary degree program.
- Accompanied by a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a basketball related field.
- Hands-on head coaching experience in training and coaching Elite Players. (HS/OSBA/AAU/OBA/USPORTS/OCAA/NCAA/NJCAA)
- Previously playing experience at post-secondary level preferred (USPORTS/OCAA/NCAA/NJCAA)
- Must have Level 2 NCCP coaching certification. Additional coaching certifications or programs welcomed
- Current Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sectors Check
- Must possess valid drivers license preferably from Ontario
- First Aid Certified
- Hands on experience in the use of Microsoft Office computer tools.
- Strong supervision, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Effective and positive team player with good interpersonal and communication skills that can work with children and teenagers.
- History of positive social media accounts.
- Ability to edit and breakdown basketball practice and game film.
Please submit resume with a cover letter outlining your interest and specific qualifications for the position through the Indeed site.
If you have any additional references or video please do not hesitate to share this with us either.
ABOUT ATHLETE INSTITUTE
Athlete Institute is a fitness facility and sports venue located in Orangeville, Ontario. World renowned for its’ high school prep basketball program, the Athlete Institute Basketball Academy is home to three teams; Orangeville Prep and Athlete Institute Red and Athlete Institute Black. The Academy has produced an incredible 30+ NCAA Division I student-athletes and dozens of U Sports/College student-athletes since its’ establishment in 2012. Most notable alumni include NBA players Jamal Murray, Thon Maker, Ignas Brazdeikis and Luguentz Dort. Additionally, Athlete Institute runs Core5 Fitness, CrossFit Orangeville, rec leagues, camps, AIFC soccer academy, and several annual community events, clinics and sports specific camps. There is always something exciting going on at Athlete Institute and we are looking for enthusiastic coaches to help continue developing the best basketball players in the world!
Job Type: Contract
- English (Required)