AGT Foods, a division of Alliance Pulse Processors Inc. is seeking a Grain Buyer to join our Gibbons, AB Procurement Team.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, confident individual with a deep knowledge of the Ag industry in Western Canada.
This person will assist the procurement group in the day-to-day planning and coordination of special crop purchasing and deliveries.
Depending on qualifications and experience, the following items may be the Grain Buyer’s key or shared areas of focus:
- Inbound and outbound calling to producers (cold calling is required)
- Issuing grain purchase contracts
- Administration of contract compliance (signatures) and filing
- Administration of appropriate and accurate documentation
- Prospecting and gathering grower information on seeded acres and on farm inventory
- Various other duties as required
The successful candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skills using Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) required
- Sound administration and prioritization skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Organized and detail oriented
- Work on own initiative with minimum supervision
AGT Foods values and supports employment equity in the workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
- Gibbons, AB (Preferred)