Hospice Miramichi Inc. (HMI) seeks to raise the awareness of the unique needs of those living with life threatening illnesses where cure is not an option and medications are no longer controlling the condition. Since 2011 HMI has been working within the Miramichi region to provide practical care and support for clients and families in their homes, in nursing homes, hospitals and special care homes.
Our staff and volunteers are trained to provide practical and emotional support during the end stages of life and through the grieving process.
Hospice Miramichi is currently the only hospice in New Brunswick to offer day programs to those living with life threatening illnesses
We are preparing to expand our services to include residential hospice services and the facility is currently under construction. Due to this growth, we are calling for interest in the following position:
This is an exciting time to join us as we expand into our new facility and begin providing a range of services to a large part of northeastern New Brunswick.
Hospice Miramichi Incorporated is located in Miramichi, New Brunswick.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for all activities relating to accounts payable, accounts receivable, preparing financial statements, processing payroll, reception and filing/records systems. The Administrative Assistant also provides general administrative support to the Executive Director and other administrators.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Keeps financial records and establishes, maintains, and balances various accounts
· Codes, totals, batches, enters, verifies, and reconciles transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions and bank statements
· Posts journal entries and reconciles accounts, prepares trial balance of books, maintains general ledgers, and prepares financial statements
· Prepares cheques
· Calculates, prepares, and issues documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements
· Prepares period cost statements or reports as required
· Completes and submits tax remittance forms and other government documents
· Prepares other statistical, financial, and accounting reports.
· Responds to customer inquiries, maintains good customer relations, and solves problems
· Interacts with all visitors and telephone/electronic inquiries to professionally represent Hospice Miramichi’s interests, share information, clarify details, and answer questions.
· Responds to telephone and electronic inquiries and forwards to appropriate person.
· Maintains reception security.
· Provides general information to staff, clients, and the public regarding Hospice Miramichi
· Receives payments and issues receipts
· Opens and distributes incoming paper and electronic mail and receives/distributes other documents/packages
· Maintains and updates employee information (i.e. employee attendance, leave, overtime)
· Prepares, verifies, and processes all employee payroll related payments
· Prepares payroll related filings and supporting documentation (i.e. year-end tax statements, pension, records of employment and other statements)
· Prepares and balances period-end reports and reconciles issued payrolls to bank statements
· Identifies and resolves payroll discrepancies and systems deficiencies
· Sets up and maintains paper and computerized information filing systems
· Sorts and files documents, locates and retrieves documents from files as requested and maintains records of filed and removed materials
· Ensures appropriate retention and disposition of records in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and legislation.
General administrative support
· Determines and establishes office procedures
· Prepares correspondence and reports as requested
· Schedules and confirms appointments/meetings
· Records and prepares minutes of meetings as requested
· Compiles data, statistics, and other information
· Develops, maintains, and updates a variety of databases
· Prepares regularly scheduled reports
· Orders office supplies, maintains inventory, and arranges for servicing of office equipment
· Provides direction to temporary or volunteer administrative assistance staff
· Undertakes other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Combination of education and experience in Administrative Duties plus strong abilities to work with volunteers and staff as well as other community partners.
Knowledge of processes that demonstrate fiscal responsibility and able to manage those processes.
Demonstrates a positive outlook while working with others while being flexible in a changing environment.
Have abilities/knowledge/experience/education in areas dealing with accounting software, filing, organizational communications, scheduling, inventory.
Demonstrated abilities to work independently and with flexible hours to complete tasks with deadlines.
Knowledge of the New Brunswick healthcare system as well as experience with non-profits, including pertinent government regulations will be an asset.
Conditions of Employment will include a current Criminal Record History suitable to our Board of Directors.
Salary will be based upon skills, knowledge and experience of the successful candidate but will range from $17 to $19 per hour for at 37.5 hours work per week. Benefits will be discussed at the time of hire.
APPLICATION AT MINIMUM SHOULD CONTAIN:
Resume - citing education and a thorough description of relevant experience, qualifications, and skills
References - the names and telephone numbers of three references, at least two of whom were your direct supervisor or equivalent.
Other supporting documentation that you feel will support your application for this position.
Any other supporting documentation provided with application will not be returned.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This posting shall remain in effect until a suitable candidate is found.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$19.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
Working in an office with compliant rules and regulations based on the NB Department of Health requirements.
- Secondary School (preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (preferred)
- receptionist: 1 year (preferred)