Legacy Co-op is hiring a C-store Manager on a Full Time Temporary basis for our Gas Bar/C-Store at Palliser Way in Yorkton, Saskatchewan.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. We are pursuing a growth strategy that will provide you and our team with exciting opportunities. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.legacyco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
The Palliser C-Store Manager is responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership, coordinating and directing all aspects of the store including approximately 25 unionized employees and all petroleum, propane, carwash operations and food sales with an overall sales volume of $12.8 million. Working collaboratively with the Management team;
- You will be responsible for ensuring team members and team leaders are following applicable programs, guidelines, policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
- You will be responsible for effectively communicating with and managing your team including but not limited to; scheduling, approving payroll, hiring, onboarding, monitoring productivity, performance evaluations, training and development with an emphasis on safety and discipline and discharge.
- You will implement marketing ideas and encourage employee engagement while keeping guest service standards consistently high.
- You will be responsible for financial reporting, budgeting, tracking inventory, managing expenses, and all related retail functions to ensure operational success and profitability.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
If you are looking for a leadership challenge and a career in management and have:
- Grade 12 education. Preference given to certification in Business Admin., marketing or related training.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience leading a team. Minimum of 5 years of experience in a C-Store environment, petroleum sales and experience in carwashes preferred. A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
- Financial management skills with high attention to detail.
- You have completed or are willing to obtain the Petroleum Advance program.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- You have a flexible schedule and are willing to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays and on call as required.
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
- You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We offer an excellent moving assistance program. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation. At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities in which we operate.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Application deadline: 2020-09-30
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)