- Growth driven company with career advancement opportunities
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefits package
- Employment: Full-time Permanent, Onsite
- Burnaby, BC
A stable company with a long track record of success. A meaningful, long-term career with a company that has a strong, supportive management team and great work culture. A cutting edge, fast-moving role with challenging and rewarding work.
That’s the opportunity we’re offering – will you reach out and take it?
We’re Raise Recruiting, and we’ve partnered with our client who is a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive. They are an organization driven by people, planet, and profit. Our client is a pioneer of large scale marine robotic operations deploying robotic technologies to capture ocean data and deliver maritime solutions whilst minimising our environmental footprint. They are building the world’s largest fleet of marine robotic vehicles, offering the safest and most sustainable operations the industry has ever seen. Their purpose is to innovate using robotics and technology to transform industries, enabling people and the planet to thrive.
Our client is now looking for a highly motivated, hardworking QC Inspector, who is interested in working for a start up with great advancement opportunities. We are seeking confident, competent, and motivated individuals who are looking for new learning experiences, and a desire to contribute to our clients’ success.
If you have hands-on quality control experience and you’re looking to grow with a leader in the maritime transportation industry, then you may be our next QC Inspector.
As a QC Inspector, you will be expected to administer and monitor the operational and business processes and ensure compliance with Global QHSSE policies and procedures. The QC Inspector will be expected to be honest, pragmatic and an excellent communicator.
You will be able to complete solo tasks and contribute effectively in a team environment. You will be friendly, co-operative and genuinely engaged in the work. You have a strong sense of curiosity and a desire to “learn by doing." However, you will also have a firm grounding in QHSSE policy and process administration.
Practically speaking you will:
- Conduct receiving inspection on incoming orders
- Inspect finished products to ensure that they meet quality standards
- Develop inspection forms for quality control of products
- Implement and monitor execution of test plans for quality control of products
- Update inspection forms for quality control of products, throughout course of the project
- Write reports to document deficiencies and errors of products
- Communicate the results of inspections for corrective actions
- Actively promote quality achievement and performance throughout the project organization
- Help achieve quality compliance objectives and industry standards, and ensuring testing targets are achieved
- Recommend improvement measures to the production process to ensure quality control.
Additionally, you’re a good fit for this role if you are:
- Independent – you don’t need or want someone looking over your shoulder. You’re always results-oriented and keep tabs on different projects with ease.
- Cooperative – while you excel on your own, that doesn’t stop you from being a team player that communicates openly and effectively across teams. You treat everyone with respect because you’re invested in maintaining strong work relationships.
- Organized – you are able to plan, prioritize, organize, and monitor activities and projects.
This is a full-time permanent position working Monday to Friday 9:00 – 5:00 PM, onsite in Burnaby, BC. Our client offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits plan, and vacation.
What You’ll Bring
- Engineering, Operations or QC academic and/or vocational qualifications/training
- 1-5 years of experience in providing Quality Control support
- 1-5 years of experience in a projectized work environment
- Demonstrated advanced MS Office Suite skills, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience with engineering projects (asset)
- Experience with ERP systems (asset)
- ISO9001 quality control (asset)
How To Apply
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Raise Recruiting, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards.