Reporting to the Team Leader, the incumbent will perform one or more of the following processes in the repair of engine rotables or aircraft components: machine grinding, machine milling, machine turning, hand polishing, CNC operation and programming, general inspection.
- Must possess a provincial machinist trade qualification.
- Must have completed a recognized apprenticeship with the Company, or have a minimum of 4 years equivalent experience by other means acceptable to Quality Assurance for the implementation of technical work on engines/modules.
- Must be able to interpret drawings and documentation.
- Must have knowledge of machine shop equipment.
- Experience with machining and processes of repairing aircraft engine components would be an asset.
- Experience with CNC milling and grinding machines would be an asset.
- Use machining processes to repair engine rotables or aircraft components.
- Follow direction of shop leadership.
- Comply with company policy and procedure manuals.
- Recommend additions or changes to work documents.
- Advise Leads of tool shortages.
- Ensure machines are cleaned and maintained.
- Make suggestions to Team Leaders for process improvements.
- Keep shop licenses current.
- Provide on-the-job training as needed.
- Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Operation System Windows 10
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge with MS Office 2010
- Experience with SAP functions/transactions and system (or similar ERP system)
MTU supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $31.28-$36.04 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
We have established safety measures (masks, physical distancing and barriers) to keep employees safe.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Machinist: 4 years (preferred)
- Machinist Red Seal (required)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place