Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health continues to be recognized as one of BC's Top Employers, are you someone who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of others?
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Effective October 26th, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation with you.
Come work with dedicated health care providers who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you do it.
Curious to learn what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.
Detailed Overview: Reporting to the Program Coordinator and working as a member of the interdisciplinary team, the Food Service Worker provides a variety of food services duties, along side the residents of Memorial Cottage, such as limited food preparation, setting up dining areas and serving and portioning food and beverages according to established guidelines. Performs cleaning, and administrative support duties for the kitchen/dining and food preparation areas. Performs inventory control duties such as placing standing orders with specified suppliers, receiving and distributing goods, and counting, storing and rotating food and supplies. Responsibilities:
- Provides food service by performing duties such as setting up dining areas, bringing out and putting away supplies, opening cans and serving food and beverages.
- Performs limited food preparation such as heating prepared food, making tea, coffee, toast, salads, and sandwiches, washing, peeling, slicing food items and counting, weighing and measuring ingredients. Utilizes kitchen equipment such as slicers, knives and choppers.
- Washes, scrubs, and rinses pots, pans, dishes, and utensils by hand or by placing, operating, and unloading dishwasher.
- Performs cleaning duties such as cleaning food preparation equipment, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning sinks and counters, cleaning kitchen, dining and storage areas including items such as tables, chairs, walls, ovens, and freezers, and removing garbage.
- Performs inventory control duties such as placing standing orders with specified suppliers, receiving and distributing goods, and counting, storing and rotating food and supplies.
- Performs administrative support duties such as answering the telephone, filing, and writing information on menu cards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Grade 10 and 1 year recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Current certificate in Food Safe.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.