Reason for Post :
Position Status :
Temporary- Full time
Work Shifts :
CIUSSS de l'Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
Job Territory :
Technical Services Directorate
Service :Reference number :
Number of days :Length of Assignment :Work Schedule :Salary :Number of positions available :
Job Category :
Dietetic/Nutrition (Dietetic Tech., Dietitian-Nutritionist)
Posting Start Date :
Posting End Date :
The Montréal West Island IUHSSC is currently seeking a Dietetic Technician to fill a full-time position on the recall list at the Lakeshore General Hospital.
As a Hospital Dietary Technician, you will be called upon to develop and adapt specific menus for hospitalized clients according to the nutritional plans developed by a Dietitian-Nutritionist, and also to control foods according to their nutritional values for clients with precarious health conditions. You will work in collaboration with the food services staff.
Do you enjoy teamwork and a dynamic work environment? We have the job for you!
In your role, you will :
Our Benefits :
- Participate in the design, implementation and evaluation of normal and therapeutic menus with the goal of maintaining and improving overall health;
- Plan menus and diets for individuals or groups under the direction of a Dietitian Nutritionist;
- Meet with clients to collect information necessary for nutritional follow-up and transmit the information to team members;
- Supervise food service operations and guide other employees in the application of work and hygiene techniques;
- Develop/standardize recipes and calculate their cost price;
- Participate in the qualitative and quantitative control of stocks according to the procedures and standards of the establishment;
- Participate in the planning and implementation of nutrition education programs and develop educational materials;
- Perform all compilations and prepare reports necessary for the proper functioning of the department.
Requirements :The desired candidate :
- Competitive salary to which bonuses may be added (from $22.59 up to $30.46/hour);
- Fringe benefits (vacation, sick days) accumulated on a pro-rata basis;
- Participation with the employer in a defined benefit pension plan ensuring a reliable retirement income;
- Group insurance protection (life, health, salary);
- Access for you and your family to a free employee assistance program (counseling, nutrition, kinesiology, legal services and advice, etc.);
- Access to training and career development programs.
- Holds a college diploma (DEC) in dietetics*;
- Is able to communicate with a French and English speaking clientele;
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills and dynamism;
- Demonstrates team spirit.
- NB: Any degree obtained outside of Quebec must have been the subject of a Comparative Evaluation of studies done outside of Quebec with the Ministère de l'immigration, de la Francisation et de l'Intégration. Please include the result of the evaluation in your CV, otherwise your application may not be considered.
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
The Montréal West Island IUHSSC has a program for the access to equal employment and invites natives, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities to apply for positions. Persons with disabilities can share their special needs in relation to the selection process for the position requested to facilitate the study of their application.
If you are applying for a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your CV for your application to be considered.