Job title: Restaurant Server
Department: Food and Beverage Department
Reports To: Restaurant Manager
Servers are responsible for providing superb customer service in the areas of food delivery in a timely and professional fashion to all guests and patrons from seating guests to taking orders and receiving payment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes positive customer relations by providing prompt, courteous and efficient service to all patrons and guests
- Presents menu, answers questions and makes suggestions regarding food and specialties
- Enters orders into POS system
- Retrieves orders from kitchen area
- Serves all guests and patrons according to established standards of quality
- Observes guests and follows up to respond to any additional requests; determine when meal has been completed
- Totals bill and accepts payment from guests and patrons, or refers them to a cashier
- Ladles soup, brews coffee, refills condiments
- Prepares supplies for guests by rolling cutlery and ensuring menus are clean and tidy
- Clears and reset tables
- Vacuums, wipes down table and chairs, cleans common areas
- Assists other servers as needed by running food, clearing tables or serving beverages
- Participates in training new staff as needed
- Maintains Health & Safety standards
- Practices Serving it Safe guidelines in accordance to provincial laws
- Communicates with management on guest compliments and complaints in a timely manner
- Other duties as deemed necessary for the support of a successful food & beverage department
Qualifications and Requirements
Two years serving experience in a licensed establishment is preferable. Customer service experience working with the public in a diverse environment would be beneficial. Food Handlers certificate, POS usage, and cash handling experience is necessary for the role. Flexibility and ability to serve within a fast paced large volume environment while maintaining standards in service and food delivery are essential.
Servers need to be able to walk carrying tray up to 8lbs., bend, and lift and use hands consistently.
All servers are required to obtain and maintain Smart Choices Certification, responsible alcohol service safety program.
The incumbent must obtain and maintain approval from the Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $11.65 per hour
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Discounted or Free Food
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift