Northern Gold Foods Ltd, a food manufacturing facility in Welland, ON is currently seeking a full time Fork Lift Operator – Material Handler.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure production line material demand requirements are fulfilled promptly
- Use wireless RF scanning equipment to ensure accuracy of inventory
- Ensure accuracy and quality of all picked and loaded orders
- Perform cycle counts as required
- Inspecting materials for defects and damage
- Maintain an organized and clean warehouse
- Follow all policies and procedures
- Unloading incoming material shipments and storing efficiently in designated locations
- Conduct operations in a manner that maintains high standards of health and safety to prevent accidents or injuries as a well as GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Cross train as Shipper/Receiver and Production Operator based on business needs
- Current and Valid Forklift Certification (Reach and/or Counter Balance)
- Successful candidates musthave proven material handling experience.
- Strong work ethic and very strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent English language communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Candidates must be reliable, self-motivated and able to multi-task.
- Shipping/Receiving and food industry experience an asset.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- MUST be willing and able to work 12 hour Continental rotating shifts scheduled within a 24/7 operation (includes nights and weekend shifts).
- Starting wage: $15.25/hr, $0.50/hr shift premium for shifts starting after 12:00pm
- Excellent benefit package including Health/Dental/EHB and Vision Care
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume. While we thank all candidates who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.25 /hour
- forklift: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Forklift Licence (Required)