This position is responsible for directing a group of Team Leaders in the fulfillment of daily distribution center (DC) operations. Develops, communicates, and ensures the effective implementation of operational procedures in one of the following areas: receiving, order-filling, or shipping. Oversees all daily work activities to ensure customer quality, productivity, service, and delivery commitments are met.
- Conducts operational analysis of the receiving, order-filling, and shipping functions to ensure efficiency and effective coordination between the functions. Identifies improvement opportunities and submits recommendations to maximize current operations or plan for operational changes.
- Collects, reviews, and analyzes operational information [key performance indicators (KPI’s), TPR, budget reports, operational expenditures and other controls] on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Works with Team Leaders to define, coordinate, and develop solutions for department or area specific requirements and problems.
- In coordination with Assistant General Manager, researches new operations processes in terms of the capital and human resources required. Develops equipment layout, work process and/or technology utilization specifications that meet output requirements to maximize material logistics processes.
- Identifies and manages priorities to ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded. Participates in and may delegate or manage responsibilities of special projects or task forces.
- Provides ongoing support, coaching and development of Team Leaders, including the establishment of annual performance objectives, conducting performance discussions, making compensation recommendations, and conducting succession planning and skill development discussions.
- Supports, develops, and trains direct reports on the interpretation and application of all employment related programs and procedures, including Health and Safety, in order to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and company policy. Ensures the active promotion of open communications and the Walmart Canada Logistics way.
- Ensures the smooth flow of communication between operations and the support functions in order to create consistency and clarity of direction on operational projects and priorities and awareness of support function requirements.
- Consults with peers and associates at Home Office and other sites in order to share information and best practices.
- Participates in the Occupational Health and Safety Competency Training for Managers provided by the company.
- Be familiar and ensure compliance with the Ontario Health and Safety Act with attention to Sections 25, 26, 27 and 28.
Canada Walmart Division
- Completion of post-secondary education in Business Management, Operations Management, or Inventory Control.
- Advanced level of experience in warehousing logistics, operations and support services or quality assurance.
- Issue management skills including problem solving and trouble-shooting; information gathering including research, interpretation and analysis (i.e. client and system requirements, description of problems, etc.); and conflict management.
- Project management skills including needs analysis, information gathering, research, analysis, and reporting skills; preparing and maintaining detailed project plans.
- Managerial skills including selection, coaching and counseling associates, evaluating performance, team building, and administration and operational planning including budgeting and resource allocation.
- Responsible for leading a high-performing team. Results-driven leader who can mentor and help grow direct reports is a must.
- An active leader with an ability to adapt to and display our core values. Is approachable and visible in the warehouse daily and works in collaborative partnership with Operations Management at the site and other sites, National as well as develops good working relationships with Support departments and associates.
- Communication skills (verbal, written, facilitation) including an ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Time management skills including an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines under pressure.
Licensing & Other Qualifications
- Communication skills including written (reports, memos, schedules, etc.); verbal (employees, managers) and facilitation (employee training).
- Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and e-mail; knowledge of mainframe applications.