Junior Lumber Trader
Skana Forest Products Ltd. was incorporated by our President, Chris Beveridge in 1987. Through the years we have enjoyed creating a successful company selling into the North American markets as Lumber Wholesalers of SPF, Douglas fir, Pine, Plywood and Western Red Cedar. We are also re-manufacturers with several facilities producing a wide range of products. Our traders are open to trading all species; each has their own specialties.
Skana is both a manufacturer and distributor of quality forest products. At our remanufacturing facility in Vernon, BC, we produce a full program of high-grade specialty Western Red Cedar products while the Herbert, Saskatchewan plant’s primary focus is specialty SPF products. If we don’t manufacture what you’re looking for, our experienced Wholesale Distribution Division will help you find it.
Skana has an immediate opportunity for a Junior Lumber Trader to become part of the Sales Team, based in the Richmond, BC office.
We are looking for a critical thinker interested in an opportunity to exercise their judgment and assume significant responsibility for business growth. Through on the job training, the highly motivated individual will work with the experienced Sales Team in the North American and Export markets. The successful candidate has an opportunity to earn a six-figure salary. Starting annual salary range is $32,000-$38,000. After 1-2 years or upon increasing knowledge and skill in the role, which ever comes first, the pay structure will change to 100% commission based.
- Working with external transportation partners, regulatory agencies and customers to ensure goods are shipped with proper documentation, meet all regulatory requirements and arrive at predetermined destinations, on time and in good condition,
- Managing daily shipping transactions and activities,
- Generating export & shipping documentation in a timely and accurate manner,
- Coordinating pick-ups and deliveries with external and internal customers,
- Selecting suitable transportation partners for each shipment to ensure best value and timely delivery,
- Providing shipment proof of delivery in a timely manner,
- Tracking and filing completed shipment documents and
- Communicating effectively with external and internal customers and working collaboratively as a team to resolve any delay or issues which occur during transportation or upon arrival at destination.
- Post-Secondary Education in business or related field and/or equivalent experience is an asset.
- Strong English communication skills (both verbal and written) suitable for interacting constructively with peers and stakeholders within the company.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work under pressure and maintain professionalism.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail.
- Good computer skills and knowledge in MS Office products such as Excel and Word.
- Basic knowledge of planning, coordinating and scheduling shipping operations is an asset.
- Sales experience & Wood products knowledge is an asset.
Skana offers a number of perks to its employees which include but are not limited to: the head office’s central location, free parking, access to the company’s own private gym, 3-piece washrooms & full kitchen, a naturally bright & open trading floor, access to the company’s condo at Whistler, opportunities to travel to international tradeshows and access to training & development courses and programs.
If you are a recent graduate or due to graduate in the Spring, are legally entitled to work in Canada for our company and are looking for a rewarding and challenging opportunity, please apply.
Follow us on Instagram – skana_forest_products_ltd and visit the company website, www.skana.com for relevant company information.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 to $38,000.00 /year
- English (Required)