Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Residential Addiction Worker will provide client-centered, recovery-focused services in a residential setting. The Residential Addiction Worker will ensure the safety and well-being of clients, the security of the site and the provision of after-hours care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Program and Service Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Residential Addiction Worker is responsible to:
- Ensure the safety and well being of the clients and site security by conducting hourly safety checks, and monitor when clients are on or off-site at all times during the shift.
- Be accessible at all times on the agency cell phone while on shift.
- Respond to the emotional needs of clients in the absence of their assigned Counsellor and update team members on the support and intervention provided.
- Maintain communication with the Program Manager, assigned Counsellor and within the team.
- Maintain daily documentation such as log notes, data entry and shift report according to agency standards and procedures.
- Assist clients with self-administering their approved medication and complete all documentation according to the Medication Protocol.
- Develop MAR’s and order medication for new clients, refills for existing clients and liaise with the pharmacy for all client medication matters.
- Ensure program schedules, Terms of Residency and individual client plans are adhered to.
- Take appropriate action in crisis situations and report incidents to the On-Call staff.
- Assist with the preparation and serving of meals, overseeing clean up of meals and completion of assigned client chores.
- Ensure the building is clean, tidy and safe at all times and to complete all assigned shift and cleaning responsibilities.
- Facilitate the admission and orientation process after hours for new clients.
- Facilitate the client discharge process after hours and on weekends.
- Clean client rooms after discharge and prepare rooms and supplies for new clients.
- Keep client lists, chore lists, sign in/out forms, meeting attendance lists and other related administrative forms up to date on an as-needed and/or weekly basis.
- Replenish copies of client, staff and program related forms in the staff office.
- Open and close client files according to policy and procedure, both hard copy and electronically.
- Assist with filing and archiving client files. Identify files to be shredded after 7 years as per policy.
- Maintain the log book by preparing templates and purging log book documentation for archive.
As a representative of Crossroads Centre, the employee is responsible for:
- Engage in regular supervision with the Program Manager, including an annual Performance Appraisal.
- To adhere to all policies, procedures and operations in addition to the values, mission and philosophy of Crossroads Centre.
- Actively participate in staff meetings, team building, training and development, and propose changes that would improve the quality of service to clients.
- Develop and maintain respectful, professional, supportive and cooperative working relationships.
- Ensure the accuracy, confidentiality and safekeeping of health records and agency information.
- Diploma or degree in addictions counseling or social work preferred; and
- Experience providing client-centered services in the field of addictions and/or a residential setting.
- Must have good skills in communication (verbal, non-verbal and written), time management, planning, organization and critical thinking.
- Intermediate computer skills in word, outlook and ability to use electronic databases for client care information (entering and accessing data and information).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to establish workload priorities in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish therapeutic rapport and proven cultural competence and ability to work effectively with diversity.
Conditions of Employment:
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Search.
- Ability to work a minimum of one shift a week and flexible hours on weekends including days, evenings and midnights.
- Must have a valid Standard First Aid/CPR Certificate or be willing to obtain one.
- The ability to report to work on short notice in relation to service requirements.
- Casual Residential Addiction Workers must be available to work days, evenings and nights on weekends and on a call-in basis.
This job description is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities assigned to the role. The employee may be required perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time