Position: Community Outreach Associate – Relationship Specialist
Director of Community Outreach
HabitatWR has been building community and transforming the lives of hard working low income families since 1988 in Waterloo Region. Our Mission is to mobilize volunteers and community partners in building affordable housing and promoting home ownership as a means to breaking the cycle of poverty.
The Community Outreach Associate – Relationship Specialist, will provide ongoing support to our donors. By managing information in our database and coordinating stewardship efforts, they will have a firm grasp on who our donors are, why they partner with us, and what they need to remain engaged. They will also provide leadership for some of our key fundraising events. They are organized, detail-oriented and people-focused all with the goal of growing our relationships with our financial donors from the time the donation is received until we have thanked them by demonstrating the impact that donation has made.
Duties and responsibilities
Relationship and Research Management (30%)
- Stewarding ongoing relationships with key stakeholders according to the organizational stewardship plan, including event management for recognition initiatives.
- Researching prospective donors, supporting active solicitation program to understand needs and desires of potential stakeholders.
- Support and help grow the Team Build and Women Build programs
- Identify grant funding opportunities; writing, submitting and managing grant proposals; furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents
- Oversee the execution of our main fundraising events (e.g. Annual Golf Tournament and Fall Fundraiser).
CRM Management (40%)
- Processing of accounts receivable, including: entering data into Salesforce, processing credit card donations, bank deposit preparation, issuing receipts, preparing donor-related information through reports for the Community Outreach Team.
The list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem as necessary.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in handling confidential matters.
- Demonstrated research skills.
- Strong skills working with computer software programs and CRM databases.
- Strong problem solving skills along with the ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple and often conflicting demands.
- Strong teamwork and customer service skills.
- Diligent, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Able to communicate effectively with staff at all levels, Board Members, volunteers, donors, stakeholders and the general public.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
Please note – this is a full-time, 6-month contract with the possibility of extension.
How to Apply
- Please send cover letter and resume by email to Attention: Janine Armstrong, Director of Community Outreach
- Application deadline: June 9, 2019
HabitatWR is committed to being a leader in supporting and valuing the diversity of the people, organizations, and communities it serves. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HabitatWR is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- donor management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Kitchener-Waterloo, ON (Preferred)
- Ontario Drivers License (Required)