Lamont County has an opening for hard working, tech-savvy individual to provide a key role in supporting Public Works and County operations on a full-time permanent basis. Reporting to the Director of Public Works, this position will provide assistance to the Public Works Shop by maintaining inventory, ordering and pickup of parts, and record keeping. The position will also assist with the implementation and on-going maintenance of Lamont County’s asset management program for all departments.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Mechanics with the ordering and pick up of shop parts and tools.
- Maintain shop inventory by barcoding and entering data into a computer database. Perform physical counts of stockroom inventory.
- Code invoices and purchase orders, track the warranties of new and used County equipment.
- Safety off load parts, supplies, tools, and material deliveries in the shop.
- Assist with the coordination and scheduling of all County vehicles based on annual needs.
- Lead the filing and organization of Alberta Transportation and Commercial Vehicle Inspection documents.
- Assist with the implementation of the County’s asset management program.
- Collect and enter data on all County assets, input data into the asset management program.
- Ensure data is accurate and organized on an on-going basis.
- Perform queries and reports on asset management data as requested.
- Assist with the integration of current and future County software with the asset management program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Post secondary diploma or degree in business administration, supply chain management, or another related field. GIS technology certificate is considered an asset.
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program (CVIP) knowledge or willing to obtain training.
- Experience working in inventory control and shop organization. Municipal environment is preferred.
- Basic working knowledge of automotive parts, tools, and equipment.
- Advanced level skillset in general MS Office Suite applications including Excel.
- Knowledge of database management and geographic information systems (GIS).
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail while working with data.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Holds a high degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Able to collaborate with others positively and be a team player.
- Ability to operate light equipment such as a shop loader or forklift for handling shop materials.
- Ability to lift-up to 50 pounds.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Valid class 5 Alberta Driver’s License.
- A satisfactory and valid Driver’s Abstract.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. Lamont County offers a comprehensive benefit package, a pension with LAPP, and a competitive salary. This competition will remain open until July 10th, 2020.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Events
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Inventory Management: 1 year (Required)