Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak):
$111373.92 to $139217.40
Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Analytics and Chief Data Officer team in our Office of the VP, Analyt. & Chief Data Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer sector. This sector leads our digital transformation to accelerate housing affordability.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. Your technical expertise will ensure we enable our business partners with the right technology tools, platforms and capability to deliver on data & analytics and reporting initiatives. Your experience developing and negotiating technical solutions will drive business value and deliver an optimal user experience while taking advantage of evolving technologies. As a result, helping us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, Machine Learning or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience developing, evolving and maintaining data and analytics platforms, including development of vision, strategy and implementation roadmaps
- Minimum of ten years of experience (including some leadership experience) in building data sets in the cloud (on AWS, Azure or Google platforms), on Big Data / Hadoop (using Sqoop, Kafka, Parquet, Scala, Python, etc.), or on database platforms (using SQL-like programming on SQL Server, Oracle, Hive, HBase, NoSQL databases, etc.) including implementation/maintenance of complex data pipelines, programming languages (Java, R, python, Scala), business intelligence tools (Power bi / Tableau) and Metadata Management
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft and cloud environments with a strong understanding and familiarity with the fundamentals of cloud systems administration Building real-time data streaming pipelines Operationalizing machine learning models on large datasets.
- Advanced experience with advanced analytics and reporting, data architecture, data engineering, governance, and Data Access and Security. Working experience in planning, designing, and leading implementation of scalable software and cloud based infrastructure.
- Solid ability to plan and manage multiple, concurrent priorities, and work under tight time constraints.
- Solid ability to work in environments with significant ambiguity and changes, can develop creative approaches to data problems, and is curious and enthusiastic about data in the context of business and industry implications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
What you will be doing
- Develop, evolve and maintain the data and analytics platform vision, strategy and roadmap which includes, creating business cases for future investments and planning the platform lifecycle.
- Review and improves continuously the data and analytics platform, with a focus on the evolution of corporate capabilities and management systems to fully support corporate strategy and execution.
- Research and recommend innovative solutions to maintain the data and analytics platform and conducts proof of concepts to validate potential solutions and opportunity for evolution.
- Work with key internal stakeholders using advanced analytics and reporting, data governance and enterprise architecture, to ensure alignment with strategic objectives and business requirements.
- Work closely with data engineering and project delivery teams to drive alignment with the design decisions made and ensure consistency of implementations with architecture principles and standards.
- Develop strong internal and external working relationships to evolve the data and analytics platform and products for internal and external audiences.
- Ensures seamless operational support and manages the data and analytics platform operations on an ongoing basis, with a focus on continuously evolving the data and analytics platform for optimal user experience.
- Lead solution management cadence with partners (Architecture, Product Development, Technology, external partners and Business teams) to identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and solve problems and ultimately enabling business partners to deliver on advanced analytics and reporting priorities.
- Lead and maintain data integration pipelines as well as data / model / product migrations to the data and analytics platform. Proactively manages and monitors data integration/orchestration flows, and schedules tasks
- Manages capacity and workload of the data and analytics platform, including Impact Assessment, SLAs, risks & issues and planning / forecasting for additional large data sources, and their impact on any underlying infrastructure.
- Manages and monitors the running of analytics model workflows and dashboards that have been promoted to production.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date:
April 17, 2020 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled).
Job Requisition ID:
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.