The Education Program Officer (Curriculum Designer) works with partner professional organizations and academic centres to plan, develop and implement foundation materials for integrated programs, workshops and courses across the continuum of education –continuing professional education to undergraduate and graduate programs related to human resource management and health professional training. This includes the creation of instructional materials as well as teaching guides. Familiarity with either business education, or health professional education is an asset. Experience with Moodle, Thinkific and other learning platforms is required. The charity is an equal opportunity employer. The focus of the grant is to assist organizations recruit and retain people with chronic health conditions and disabilities.
- Work with subject matter experts, partner organizations and others to create training objectives, material and content. This includes creating and validating testing questions, designing systems and/or tools to measure and report on the effectiveness of training.
- The curriculum designer will regularly work with department chairs, instructional designers, academic officers and professional education managers, and IT technicians to manage online classroom content, modules and systems.
- Create presentation and training material involving the design, layout and content development for in-person, remote, online modules and mobile apps.
- Work with the partner and related organizations to help enhance their capabilities, champion best practices and support their trainers/educators as part of our vision of as a Centre for Collaboration and Excellence.
- Creating effective systems to provide feedback on training experiences (i.e. collate and analyze data evaluating our efforts) and feedback on trainee performance (i.e. provide constructive feedback on participants who are excelling, performing and/or struggling).
- Set instructional end goals and create content that matches them Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc)
- Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Previous working experience in instructional design for minimum of 3 years
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge an asset
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
- MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar relevant field
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Instructional design: 3 years (Required)