- Safely operate a truck to transport goods from one location to another
- Follow all traffic laws and regulations while driving
- Load and unload cargo as needed
- Perform routine inspections and maintenance on the truck
- Communicate with dispatch to receive instructions and updates on delivery routes
- Keep accurate records of deliveries, mileage, and fuel consumption
- Adhere to company policies and procedures regarding safety and transportation
Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent certification.
- Have a valid D/ or DZ driver’s license.
- 1-3 years heavy truck driving experience
- Must have a clean driving record with no moving violations.
- Must Pass a DOT physical
- Proficient at driving and parking large vehicles.
- Physically fit and strong, able to lift 20 pounds comfortably.
- Experience using hand trucks, pallet jacks and forklifts a plus.
- Professional and pleasant disposition, able to give all clients a positive customer service experience.
- Candidate should be dependable, hardworking and an effective communicator.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills required.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $55.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L4W 4L6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Class D Licence (required)
Work Location: In person