The Goal of Metalumen Manufacturing is to become the leading manufacturer of architectural lighting products in North America. We deal honestly and fairly with our customers and fellow employees. We will endeavor to provide the highest levels of quality throughout design and manufacturing. Outstanding customer service and reliability are essential in all actions of the employees of this organization. We will create and maintain a learning and educational environment by focusing on service. We will be innovative in our process.
Position Title: Final Assembly
Reports to: Final Assembly Team Lead
Reporting directly to the Lead Hand/ Assembly Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible to assemble, fit, wire and install prefabricated parts to form sub-assemblies or finished products using hand and / or power tools.
- Set-up table and work space before each job and keep area clean.
- Fasten parts together according to drawings using bolting or other fastening equipment and joining techniques.
- Check subassemblies and inspect finished products to ensure they meet the quality standard.
- Wire fixtures according to ballast diagram
- Test assemblies to prescribed standards and follow First-off procedure.
- Ensure all components are cleaned prior to assembly.
- Package and store assembled components in a manner that meets the company handling and storage procedures.
- Label and identify assembled components according to customer requirements.
- Update whiteboards and Bar-coding information relating to the operation being performed, into the computer system according to procedures.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 3 months experience in a small to medium assembly department is an asset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Sense of Urgency
- Teamwork and cooperation skills; must be reliable
- Understanding of metric system and use of measuring devices.
- Blue Print training an asset.
- Safety conscious.
What we offer:
- Flexible work environment
- Great compensation/benefits package
- Education and training reimbursement
- Recreational reimbursement
- Employee recognition program
- Social events throughout the year
We sincerely thank all applicants for the interest in this position, however due to the volume of the resumes, we will contact only candidates that closely match the requirements of the position.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code, Metalumen is committed to providing inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Please notify Human Resources of any accommodation you may require.
Job Type: Full-time