POSITION: Courier Driver
REPORTS TO: Shift Supervisor
LOCATION: Winnipeg, MB
LICENSE: Class 5
VEHICLE: Company Assigned
SCHEDULE: Mon-Fri; Hours between 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use GCA scanner for all required activities on the daily route; all scanable waybills, laser waybills, shippers own bar-coded labels must be scanned.
- Delivery of all assigned material in the route area, within the specific requirements of both the customer and DHL.
- Pick up of all assigned customer pick-ups within the specific guidelines of the Customer and DHL.
- Determine if a customer has a valid account prior to delivery or pick-up.
- Compile and submit accurate route records on a daily basis.
- Inform DHL of any route irregularities and significant competitor activity.
- Responsible for internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Professional representation of DHL at all times, including the maintenance and presentation of vehicle, uniform, waybills/product.
- Proactively manage the customer’s perception of and level of satisfaction with our service.
- On-time pick-up and delivery of customer shipments.
- Interact effectively with other members of the customer service and operation teams.
- To alert the Sales Department to potential customer opportunities and/or vulnerabilities.
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Valid Class 5 license with clean driver's abstract
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Supply current drivers abstract.(No infractions)
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High School Education.
- Proven Customer Service skills.
- Able to lift up to 70 lbs unassisted
Note: This role includes variability in shift start/finish timings based on job location. Shift timings and scheduled days of work may change from time to time based on business requirements; therefore, flexibility in your schedule is a job requirement. Uniforms are supplied.
ONBOARDING & TRAINING:
- All candidates are required to pass interviews, criminal history check, & have clean driver's abstract in order to qualify for the role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe we will gain through the recruitment and development of staff who represent the broad diversity of the Canadian workforce.
Part-time hours: 0-40 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- delivery driver: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 5 Licence (required)
- Loading the delivery vehicle from a staging area
- Delivering to residential locations
- Delivering to commercial locations
- Heavy lifting
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place