Job Title: Senior Insurance Defence Law Clerk
Job #: 16333
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Benefits: Excellent benefits
Remote Flexibility: Primarily Remote
Our client, a reputable Toronto firm is currently looking for a Senior Insurance Defence Law Clerk. This firm has an excellent culture and a lot of career development opportunities.
- Leading law firm specializing in all areas of Insurance Defence.
- Named as one of the top 10 Insurance Boutiques in Canada by Canadian Lawyer Magazine.
- Office space located in the heart of downtown Toronto!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafting documents such as pleadings, affidavits and various notices;
- Assist with dockets and billing;
- Open, close, and maintain legal files;
- Summarizing and briefing of medical documentation;
- Request and follow up of undertakings;
- Management of electronic data for Discovery and Trial;
- Trial preparation;
- Liaise professionally with clients, insurance companies, and other legal professionals; and
- Assist with any other administrative tasks as required.
- Law Clerk diploma;
- 5+ years of experience as an Insurance Defence Law Clerk;
- Trial and estate litigation experience will be considered an asset;
- A strong understanding of the Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Excellent computer skills including PC Law, Word, Outlook, Primafact, Centerbase and TimeMatters;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; and
- Excellent work ethic and team-player attitude.
How To Apply
Kindly email your MS Word resume to [email protected], and quote Opportunity #16333in the subject line of your email. If you are already registered with Kent Legal, please get in touch with your recruitment consultant.
Thank you for your interest in this role. Please note that only qualified candidates will be invited for a meeting. Continue to visit our website at www.kentlegal.comfor new employment opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- legal assistant: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person