Job title :
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ASSISTANT – CASTLEGAR HEALTH CENTRE
CASTLEGAR DIST HLTH CTR
Castlegar Health Centre is looking for a casual Administrative Services Assistant to join their team! Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A current 5 minute Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution;
- An Office Administration Certificate;
- A current valid BC Driver’s License;
- Your Resume;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
This position performs reception, administrative and Health Unit Aide support to Hospitals & Communities Integrated Services (HCIS); Mental Health & Substance Use (MHSU); Primary & Community Care Transformation (PCCT) programs, such as:
- Regular office and reception duties: Data entry, gathering, organizing, collecting, collating and verifying information, types correspondence, prepares presentations, arranges meeting, types agendas, takes and transcribes minutes, books travel, performs reception duties, record management;
- Schedules and confirms client appointments;
- Receives, records, checks and balances cash transactions;
- Maintains medical/surgical supplies, equipment and HCIS/MHSU/PCCT resource material;
- Clinical support - cleaning, setting up and dismantling rooms, cleaning/sanitizing toys and equipment, weighing and measuring babies, calibrating equipment, vision screenings;
- Cleans medical equipment and instruments;
- Delivering supplies and biologicals to health unit;
- Deal with clients who may be confused, anxious, angry or difficult.
The town of Castlegar is located in the scenic Columbia Valley where the Kootenay and Columbia Rivers meet. Situated in the Rockies Region of British Columbia between Vancouver and Calgary, it is a hub for commercial activity in the area. The amicable climate and breathtaking scenery of Castlegar contribute to an enjoyable lifestyle with unlimited recreational activities year round. Just a short distance from the town are championship golf courses, two world-class alpine ski resorts and groomed cross-country ski trails. Residents in this growing community are also able to enjoy fishing, kayaking, hiking, mountain biking and camping.
Hours of work:
Days - 08:30 to 16:30, 08:00 to 16:30
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12
- Graduation from a recognized Office Administration Certificate Program, Plus
- One years recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a 5 minute Typing Test at 40 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TEST NOT ACCEPTED)
- Current valid BC Driver's License
- Ability to type at 40 wpm
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients
- Knowledge of nursing equipment
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques and procedures
- Business writing skills
**Please Note** We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes. Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor