Tech Concrete Ltd.,an Edmonton based earthworks and concrete contractor. Primarily servicing industrial construction projects as well as offering concrete repair and restoration programs.
Tech Concrete is currently hiring experienced Carpenter Foremen, General Foremen and Superintendents for full time positions in the industrial construction sector. Tech Concrete is offering steady employment and long-term work and training at competitive wages for projects located in BC.
- Reviews project plans and blueprints and coordinates with individuals requesting work.
- Ensure company HS&E policies are being followed
- Conducts post incident investigations and track near misses
- Performs layout for buildings, formwork, anchor bolts, etc.
- Estimates time, material, equipment and supplies needed.
- Develops work schedules and crew assignments.
- Inspects work areas to insure job is being completed as agreed.
- Evaluates staff performance.
- Track productivity metrics
- Completes time sheets, work orders and other company and client paperwork as required.
- Trains and mentors staff in related work assignments.
- Maintains records of operation.
- Monitors inventories and requests supplies and equipment.
- Ensures work areas are properly maintained.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from drawings, specifications, or other documents and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job.
- Recognize various materials used in carpentry and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, fork lifts, and company trucks.
- Demonstrate ability to properly build and brace concrete forms using various systems.
- Demonstrates ability to cut, bend, install and tie rebar.
- Demonstrate ability to install anchor bolts.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in pouring and finishing concrete.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in the handling and application of Epoxy grouts.
- Measure materials or distances, using square, measuring tape, or rule to lay out work.
- Cut or saw boards, timbers, or plywood to required size, using handsaw, power saw, or woodworking machine.
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure, using bolts, nails, or screws.
- Anchor and brace forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, and timbers.
- Mark cutting lines on materials, using pencil and scriber.
- Bore bolt holes in timber, masonry or concrete walls, using power drill.
- Positions required to work in: climbing, bending, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, crawling.
- Good hand/eye balance is required in order to use the tools necessary to complete the required work.
- Must have vision which has good depth perception in order to judge distances and space relationships. This item is especially important when doing near-point work which may be varying distances from the eye.
- Must be able to work in all kinds of weather.
- At times, will be required to work below ground to install materials. NOTE: Must be familiar with the requirements set by CSA and OH&S, the customer and the company with regards to working below ground.
- Minimum math ability for this position is to calculate surface areas and volumes and translate these figures into a bill of material, which can be used to complete a specific job. Must be able to use variables and formulas which are normally found in most industry approved trade hand books.
- Must have the ability speak using correct English and to write simple reports with the correct format using the correct English spelling and grammar. Must also have the ability to read safety requirements, read and understand instructions for the correct usage of tools, and be able to read and understand methods and procedures in civil drawings and layout prints in English.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints or drawings (for example, being able to do a material take off).
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools appropriate for the job including table saw, radial arm saw, circular saw, etc.
- 8-14 Hours Shift
- 10/4 schedule rotation
- 14/7 schedule rotation
- 21/7 schedule rotation
- Travel In/Travel Out
- Should have at least 4-5 years as a journeyman carpenter or related carpentry field experience.
- Should have at least 1-5 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in the Cement Finisher or rebar field a plus
- Must have knowledge of all related CSA and OH&S regulations.
- Must have a minimum of 2-year experience working in an industrial environment
RECOMMENDED TICKETS, COURSES, QUALIFICATIONS
- CSTS 2020
- Leadership for Safety Excellence
- WHMIS 2015
- Standard First Aid (CPR)
- Confined Space
- Fall Arrest
- H2S Alive
- Ground Disturbance Level 2
- Contractor Management
- Arial Work Platform (AWP)
- Drug & Alcohol Awareness
Job Types: Seasonal, Permanent, Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 5 months
Salary: $50.00-$65.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
- construction: 1 year (preferred)
- Construction Superintendents: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-30