Our client provides health services for people of all ages and all stages of life and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
Who you are!
You are someone who shows initiative, energy and works autonomously within the finance department. A dynamic, open minded individual who appreciates transparency in the workplace. You thrive in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
Reporting to the Controller, the Manager, Finance and Accounting is responsible for all aspects of finance and accounting for our Ottawa operations. Key responsibilities include the financial close and the preparation of the financial statements for programs and support departments, preparation and analysis of financial reports and developing and monitoring internal financial controls.
- Plans, directs and coordinates the posting of all financial activities to the general ledger to facilitate the month-end close process for Ottawa programs and support departments
- Executes the month end close in accordance with established schedules.
- Prepares monthly bank and account reconciliations
- Monitors and reconciles the general ledger and ensures the appropriate allocation of expenditures
- Prepares, analyzes, reviews and verifies financial and statistical reports for accuracy
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc financial reports
- Monitors cash flows and prepares cash flow forecasts, ensuring that potential issues are identified and communicated appropriately
- Maintains Capital Asset accounting and sub ledger
- Liaises with, and provides assistance to external auditors
- Ensures that all financial and accounting activities are conducted in accordance with GAAP, CRA OHRS, and policies and procedures. Proactively identifies areas for improvement and institutes any necessary changes to improve internal controls, accuracy of financial data, and compliance.
- Oversees commodity tax processing (HST, GST, and Excise) and compliance and the preparation of returns and rebates
- Responsible for the hiring, orientation and training, performance management, and supervision of finance and administrative clerical and support staff
Software Technical skills:
- Accounting System:
- Great Plains 2016
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, and Word
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) required
- Five years progressive experience in accounting, audit or equivalent
- Advanced skills in integrated accounting systems, report design, and internal controls
- Knowledge and experience in financial analysis and controls. Experience developing policies, procedures, internal controls and ensuring compliance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective leadership, coaching, training, supervising, and mentoring ability
- Experience in a not for profit organization or registered charity is an asset
- Experience leading employees in a unionized environment is an asset
Timeline for this role – The aim is for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible
What’s in it for you?
A competitive salary (up to $80,000) with H&B package, Defined Benefit Plan, Four Weeks holiday package, free parking and paid for professional dues.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter to the attention of Daniel J Barnabe, Vice President, Client Services quoting reference # 02142019 – MF&A. If you have already met a member of our team and are interested in the role, please call (613-627-2158 extension 103).
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year