Job ID: J0321-1391
Reporting to the Manager, the non-critical care Registered Nurse (RN) is accountable for providing assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care within a team-based model patient care delivery model in accordance with the of the College of Nurses of Ontario, standards of practice and the Regulated Health Professions Act.
In this role, the non-critical care RN will work collaboratively in a team-based model of care to provide high quality nursing care and share responsibility to a group of patients and their families, based on the Scarborough Health Network's (SHN) mission, vision and values. You will work under the direction of the RN team lead, taking on the responsibilities within their scope, skills and knowledge to provide basic care, prepare and administer medications, oxygen, perform procedures, complete documentation, utilize assessment and communication skills. In addition, it is expected for you to be willing to complete self-study learning on-line, and attend in-person training to increase skill level as needed. Good communication skills are imperative to escalate care requirements, and provide transfer of accountability.
The successful candidate is required to complete self-assessments on a daily basis of skill level and identify opportunities for learning. You will strive to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient population and workforce. This role requires travel between all three SHN hospital locations based on departmental needs.
This Job Posting is posted under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act - Bill 195.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) in good standing
- Current BCLS
- Successful completion of Coronary Care 1 or willingness to complete in 6 months from hire
- Both current acute care medical and surgical inpatient experience
- Willingness to work with mixed aggregation of patients
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, time-management and team building skills
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function both independently and as an inter-professional team member in a fast paced demanding environment
- Flexible and adaptable regarding assignment locations
- Proven strong patient assessment and observation skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
- Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
- Ability to speak another language
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Reference ID: J0321-1391
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $32.00-$44.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)