Established in 1960 and based in Winnipeg and Thompson Manitoba, Perimeter Aviation LP has grown into a diversified airline company with more than 600 employees, operating a fleet of 30+ aircraft in a scheduled air service to Manitoba and North Western Ontario. In addition to our scheduled passenger and freight service, 24/7 North American charter service, Medical evacuation services and a full service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
The Flight Dispatcher is the key position responsible for the coordination of the “Type B” Operational control function of the company. The Flight Dispatcher Type B is responsible for the Company’s “Co-authority” dispatch system including the assistance in the planning, Flight Watch and coordinating and communicating of all aspects of Perimeter’s 705 aircraft operations, both ground and air.
The Flight Dispatcher position is also cross trained in our medevac dispatch area to ensure the highest level of service provided to our aeromedical component.
The Flight Dispatcher is a member of the SOCC Department and is also responsible for maintaining an active safety management system (SMS) that includes all aspects of Perimeter’s flight operations, both ground and air.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- This position would be responsible and accountable for, but not limited to, performing the following range of duties:
- Maintain the daily flight dispatch duties including preparation of the Operational Flight Plan & the flight watch function of the Type B operational control system of each Perimeter 705 flight as per company policies.
- When required, maintain the daily flight dispatch duties of a medevac flight dispatcher including flight watch, weather interpretations, assisting with the operational flight plan for the company 705 flights.
- Ensure all applicable aspects of the Company Operations Manual are followed relating to Operational control.
- Assist with ensuring that customer requirements are met on all company flights with respect to flight crew and other items that may arise after hours.
- Possess the ability to make informed decisions without compromising internal policies/procedures.
- Responsible for providing training and mentoring to new flight dispatchers, ensuring that the Flight Operations Centre is maximizing operational effectiveness.
- Monitor the airline management software and communicating with all departments to ensure operations run smoothly and efficiently.
- Predict “real time” and update flight times through the airline management software.
- Ensure scheduling of aircraft, crews and working with planned maintenance on a daily basis through the airline management software.
- Perform Flight Dispatch, Flight Watch, Flight following, including the entering of all times into Airline management software and answering of all radio calls from crews.
- Work with department managers to understand the basic workings of each department.
- Prepare various reports including daily, monthly, and annual Operational reports.
- Identify and recommend efficiency opportunities to management, which would improve upon daily processes to capture operational efficiencies i.e. improve reporting accuracy, completeness, timeliness.
- Demonstrate positive and respectful teamwork by providing ongoing support and assistance to the overall Flight Operations Control Centre, understanding how your performance may affect the Flight Operations Department.
- Actively demonstrates the willingness to share knowledge and learn from others i.e. participation at Flight Operations Centre meetings, other department meetings, training events, point of contact with NAV Canada Facilities.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Department Manager
Education and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 diplomas; prior experience in operations and/or flight coordination preferred but not required
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Successful completion of Transport Canada Exams ( FD Ops and FD Met)
- Canadian Radio License (Aeronautical) required
- Strong customer service experience considered an asset
- Ability to effectively listen and demonstrate strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Airline management software, and Microsoft Office software is considered a strong asset
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility and flexibility, with demonstrated interpersonal skills allowing one to adapt to a fast paced working environment
- Ability to think critically and act logically to evaluate situations and provide sound judgment
- Effective and efficient multitask and organizational abilities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is imperative
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Proactive, self-motivated working well within a team environment
- Ability to qualify for WAA (RAIC) Pass
- Ability to read and interpret aviation weather
- Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity training
- Professional Development courses
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation's hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Airline Management Sofware: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Winnipeg, MB (Preferred)
- Canadian Radio License (Aeronautical) (Preferred)
- or able to obtain an Airport Security Pass (Preferred)