MEDICAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The assistant is expected to provide outstanding care to all patients at all times, and support physician in handling various administrative tasks. This is a part time permanent position where all candidates are expected to have a vehicle to travel between three clinics as follows: half day in Mississauga, half day in Hamilton, one day in St. Catharines, one day in Niagara Falls. The assistant will help in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician. Interview patients and record information about patient’s weekly progress. Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients. Inform patients of costs for care being provided and guides them to appropriate resources for further information. Type routine correspondence and reports from dictation or handwritten copy.
Requires a BSc. Requires strong research and writing skills. Must have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field. Must have the ability to use past experiences and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Work in a fast paced, multi cultural and multi diverse environment. Follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Work under immediate supervision. Follows the policies and procedures of the clinic.
*Reliability and punctuality are essential for this position.
*Ability to perform literature searches, compile and summarize information as required.
· Welcome patients by greeting them in person (may have to speak over phone)
· Verify patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, confirming purpose of visit
· Prepare patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room
· Perform preliminary physical tests; make sure height, weight, and blood pressure are recorded, and report the patient’s history and summary
· Secure patient information and maintain patient confidence by keeping patient information confidential
· Educate patients by providing information and instructions; answering questions
· Verifying times with patients and preparing charts, pre-admission and consent forms
· Schedule appointments by making arrangements with the front staff.
· Maintain safe, secure and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and
procedures which comply with legal regulations
· Complete records by recording patient examination, treatment and test results
· Recording billing information for services rendered, completing insurance forms and responding to
insurance and other third-party inquiries
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- No Weekends
- Medical Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- research: 1 year (Preferred)