1. Complete carpentry work and renovations in accordance with work orders, plans, scopes of work and specifications to ensure that LHO buildings and works are well maintained.
2. Inspect building structures and components to ensure buildings are in satisfactory condition.
3. Repair building foundations to ensure structures are stable.
4. Complete records for all maintenance and repairs.
5. Mentor apprentices that are employed with the Local Housing organization.
1. Must have a Journeyman Certificate / Red Seal as a Carpenter with minimum of 5 years’ experience in the trade.
2. A good working knowledge of the National Building code of Canada and the National Fire Code.
3. Supervisory experience working in a cross-culture environment would be considered an asset.
4. The ability and willingness to mentor apprentice staff members under your direct supervision
5. The ability to compile or forecast the required list of inventory items for a job and for a given year.
6. Valid driver licence
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $38.00-$40.00 per hour
- Carpentry: 5 years (Preferred)
- Journeyman Red Seal (Preferred)