The Client Services Representative is responsible for providing excellence in customer service to all customers who call Circle of Care. The job incumbent will respond to all telephone inquiries, conducts first line investigation of client situations, records client interactions and directs callers to front line emergency coordinators. The Client Services Representative demonstrates a commitment to the client and the team through demonstrated communication skills and to building relationships with internal and external callers.
We are looking for:
2 full-time, permanent Client Services Representatives
Commensurate with experience.
Hours of Work:
34 hours/week. This is a hybrid work from home role. Early mornings, evenings and rotating weekends are required.
Call Centre Supervisor
Customer Inquiries and Navigation
- Answers all customer phone calls using standard customer focused practices including responding in a timely manner, identifying self and always being friendly.
- Listens to customer requests, identifies and addresses the customer’s needs in a timely manner, navigating calls to appropriate departments and/or persons.
- Conduct first level information gathering and triaging for urgent calls as per standards outlined in the Triage Protocols, including calling clients, caregivers and recording conversations in the client care system using standardized protocols.
- Proactively trouble shoots client related problems by following organizational standards to address urgent client issues and escalate to Client Services Representatives as per standards.
- Participate in client schedule verification procedures as required
- Actively participate in team initiatives and the Client Service Centre team, collaborating with, and providing solutions/support to team members in the department to achieve strategic goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates an effort to continuously improve customer service skills
Team Building and Leadership
- Actively participate in team initiatives and meetings.
- Build support for agency vision and departmental goals/objectives by communicating, collaborating and leading by example.
- Build rapport with team members to ensure a high performing team.
- Look for daily opportunities to highlight the connection between overall strategy and day-to-day activities.
- Provide consistent communication and feedback to Client Service Centre Manager.
- Act as a change agent to positively encourage others and manage change.
- Identify and communicate ideas that they identify as opportunities for improvement
Management of Relationships with Internal and External Partners
- Actively participate in the Client Service Centre team, collaborate with, and provide solutions/support to team members in the department to achieve strategic goals and objectives.
- Communicate professionally to develop trust based relationship and optimize relationship development
- Provide customer support to internal and external customers.
- Lead by example and demonstrate the organizational values in all personal behaviours.
Risk, Health and Safety Management
- Identifying and reporting health and safety incidents and concerns in a timely manner to the appropriate supervisors and/or funders, documenting incidents in EasyCare and escalating appropriately to the designated supervisors as outlined in the Client Safety Reporting policy (C.01.38).
- Participating in health and safety processes and procedures
- Participating in maintaining a safe workplace environment by cultivating a positive safety culture and encouraging best practices to promote both staff and client safety and well-being
- Participating in all health and safety training initiatives on a regular basis.
- Taking proactive action against client incidents within your scope of practice.
- Developing a plan to identify, manage and/or minimize client safety risks or situations in adherence with risk management operations policies
- Assessing the severity of an adverse client safety/risk event and determining the best follow-up and developing an action plan following the event. Collaborating with funder (ex. HCCSS) and following any additional processes as required.
- Calling emergency services (911) when the client is at an immediate risk of harming themselves or others, or if there is a serious injury and/or imminent harm.
- Evaluating any potential hazards and identifying clients at risk for adverse health and safety events, taking preventative measures when necessary to minimize reoccurrence.
- Reporting all safety events impacting clients, caregivers and families in a timely and honest disclosure.
- Post secondary education in a communications related field essential
- Minimum of six months related experience in a Call Centre and/or Customer Service Environment.
- Additional language skills are an asset. (Russian)
- Excellent telephone, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle stressful situations.
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult customer situations.
- Strong problem solving skills with an ability to resolve urgent client situations
- Negotiation and conflict resolution expertise is an asset
- Ability to perform routine work independently.
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures, standards, and medical terminology preferred.
- Advanced computer knowledge in a Windows environment, e.g. Outlook, Word, etc.
- Must be able to work weekends as needed
Circle of Care is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees, volunteers and clients feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential. Circle of Care seeks applicants who embrace our values of equity, anti-racism, and inclusion. As such, we encourage applications from candidates who have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including but not limited to those who identify as First Nations, Métis and/or Inuit/Inuk, Black, members of racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation, please inform us in advance.
We thank you for your interest in Circle of Care. We welcome you to apply for this role, even if you do not meet every requirement listed. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Circle of Care requires that all employees, students and volunteers provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire.
Powered by people. Sparked by passion. Circle of Care is made up of staff, students, and volunteers who bring energy and purpose, every day.