Greet our guests and assist with luggage storage and transportation to rooms. Additional responsibilities include valet service, parking vehicles, and shuttle service within the area.
- Greet and escort guests to rooms
- Open doors and assist guests/visitors entering and leaving property
- Inform guests of property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities
- Identify and explain room features to guests (e.g., use of room key, mini-bar, ice and vending areas, in-room safe, valet laundry services)
- Transport guest luggage to and from guest rooms and/or designated bell area.
- Assist with luggage storage and retrieval
- Assist guests/visitors in and out of vehicles, including assisting guests with loading/unloading luggage
- Supply guests with directions
- Arrange transportation (e.g., taxi cab, shuttle bus, limousine/sedan service) for guests/visitors, and record advance transportation request as needed
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid Ontario Drivers License and clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to drive standard and automatic vehicles
- Able to read and write English
- Ability to multi-task and organize time effectively and efficiently
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
- Move over sloping, uneven or slippery surfaces
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)