Information Systems Analyst
Wood Buffalo Environmental Association
The Wood Buffalo Environmental Association (WBEA) monitors the environment of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo in north-eastern Alberta. Our environmental monitoring work is the most integrated and intensive focus on air and terrestrial-monitoring in any one area, anywhere in Canada. The WBEA is committed to reporting accurate and timely high-quality data from our Ambient Air Monitoring (AAM), Terrestrial Environmental Effects Monitoring (TEEM), and Community Odour Monitoring (OMP) Programs to ensure regional stakeholders have the information they need to make informed environmental decisions. For more information, visit: http://www.wbea.org
The Information Systems Analyst position is a full-time role within the Wood Buffalo Environmental Association (WBEA). The Information Systems Analyst is responsible for providing Information Technology (IT) leadership and guidance to the Executive Director and Operations Leadership Team, ensuring compliance with IT policies, best practices, and legislative requirements.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Information Systems Analyst is responsible for the planning, implementation, and operation of the WBEA information systems and databases in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner. The Information Systems Analyst ensures that all IT requirements within WBEA are met and that IT risks are managed responsibly.
- Developing and coordinating the implementation and subsequent reviews of WBEA’s Information technology systems at WBEA offices in Fort McMurray and AWS servers.
- Updating and completing documentation of IT assets.
- Managing the implementation and service level maintenance agreements for the WBEA website, social media, and web application services.
- Managing and overseeing data management services and hosted cloud application services.
- Reviewing and auditing of applications and software provided by WBEA staff and contractors.
- Managing the applications lifecycle - including installation, maintenance, and migration of business applications.
- Developing and maintaining information systems continuity plans and processes, and coordination and support for WBEA during emergency events affecting WBEA information systems.
- Mapping WBEA requirements and preparing functional and design specification documents.
- Conducting information systems testing and implementation, system or application readiness and acceptance testing and sign-off.
- Providing advice and guidance regarding information systems and individual application-related issues
- Ensuring WBEA’s information systems are compliant with legislative requirements and Human Resources Policies
- Ensuring appropriate attention to the management of risk pertaining to IT assets.
- Managing the organization’s application compliance with internal/external security and security accreditation regulations and policies
- Acting as the primary contact person for Information Technology contractors and inquiries
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to the WBEA Employee Manual and the WBEA Safety Manual.
- A University degree or technical school diploma in Computer Science or a technology-related field
- 7+ years of industry experience designing, planning, implementing, and supporting various databases (MS SQL, Oracle, open-source) environment
- 7+ years in an application and maintenance support
- Strong background in Windows Server operating systems (2012+)
- Networking (Physical/wireless, HP switches, FortiGate firewall)
- Strong technical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
- In-depth knowledge of system integration with cloud-based architecture
- Knowledgeable of software development methodologies, integration, and data analysis
- Demonstrated project management skills and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize project changes effectively and efficiently
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with an ability to analyze user needs and identify appropriate solutions
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Interpersonal skills such as conflict management, active listening, and providing clear messages to others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with divergent groups; ability to develop, implement, and effectively communicate policies and procedures
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours per week at 8 hours per day from Monday to Friday. Overtime may be required periodically, depending on operational needs.
Employment Status: Full-time, permanent
Salary: $81,000.00 - $99,000.00
Work Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Drug & Alcohol testing
- Valid Class 5 Driver's license, a clean driving record, and the ability to travel throughout the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
- Criminal record check
For more information, visit: https://www.wbea.org
Application Deadline: Open until position is filled.
Application Instructions: Please submit a resume and cover letter that outlines why your skills, experience, and personality would make you an excellent candidate for the Information Systems Analyst role at the WBEA. If you are interested in joining our growing technical team, please apply here:
We offer our employees an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, above-market group health benefits, a group RRSP plan, a northern allowance, and a commitment to career development.