The Multi-Service Centre (MSC) is a non-profit organization serving the tri-counties area of Oxford, Elgin and Norfolk and focusing on delivering essential services to our community. Staff and management provide high quality, client driven care programs including Adult Literacy & Essential Skills, Employment Programs and Home Support Services. We currently have a career opportunity for a an experienced Intake/Receptionist to join our Home Support team.
Position Summary & Purpose
The Home Support Intake/Receptionist supports the Home Support services as the face of the organization and the first point of contact for those seeking services. They are responsible for greeting people, learning who they are and helping to determine what service or assistance they may need. The Intake/Receptionist ensures that all services are accessible by helping people navigate the intake system and coordinate their next steps.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcome visitors and clients through walk-ins, telephone and electronic messaging
- Assist people with navigation of the community care support system, confirming their needs and booking intakes, services or appointments as required
- Follow-up with new clients to process intakes using the appropriate software system
- Receive, validate and process client payments
- Administer all mail and courier shipments
- Provide administration and support for special events
- Book meetings, assist with scheduling, and create minutes and agendas as required
- Provide clerical support to Home Support and senior management as required
At the MSC we are committed to a supportive and flexible work environment, with a history of providing exceptional service. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and professional development opportunities.
- High School diploma, plus additional course work of up to 1 year, focused on developing skills in business administration. Course work may be gained from community college or university classes, or in forms such as seminars, workshops, or correspondence programs
- 1-2 years work experience in reception demonstrating excellent customer service delivery
- 1-2 years switchboard experience and basic accounting skills preferred
- Previous administrative experience required
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Internet
- Excellent written, technical and verbal communication skills
- Strong ethics and integrity
- Excellent problem solving/decision making skills
- Reliable, adaptable and organized
Please Note: The information in this job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required by employees assigned to this position.
If you are interested in having the opportunity to work in an environment that promotes quality, excellence, innovation, cooperation, participation, health & safety, effective communications and respect in the workplace, and would like to apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter on or before March 30, 2020 at 4:30pm.
Notice to all candidates: In accordance with the Integrated Accessibility Standard Regulation (IASR) under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), we will provide reasonable accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for applicants, as needed, upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)