The Wood Automotive Group, one of Alberta's largest automobile retailers for 40 years, is offering an exciting opportunity for a Journeyman Automotive Technician to join the Okotoks Ford Lincoln dealership.
The Wood team believes that its people are its greatest asset. We provide our employees with competitive salaries and careers that grow with them. As a group with 7 dealerships, a collision repair centre and an online pre-owned sales lot, we believe our success and growth is built on the drive and dedication of our people. If you’ve got what it takes to be a natural leader, trainer and coach with a proven track record in the automotive industry than this is your opportunity to join us.
About the role:
The Service Technician we are seeking will be; a team player with a focus on efficiency, will have strong quality of workmanship, good attention to detail, be a quick learner and have the ability to adapt and assist in multiple tasks with a strong commitment to customer service. The successful candidate will have a strong background in repairing Honda models, with specific experience in electrical diagnostics.
- Complete vehicle inspections (out-of-province and safety inspections), recommend repairs as required, warranty repairs as per Honda specifications, complete repairs as per estimates in a timely fashion, road test vehicle after repairs are complete to ensure repairs are done properly, maintain high quality of workmanship, maintain tools, equipment and shop, and diagnose problems using proper procedures.
- The successful individual would be responsible for quality workmanship, and be committed to customer service.
- Journeyman (preferred)
- A current, clean driver's abstract
- A valid AB drivers license
Some of the rewards of joining our team:
- Exceptional benefits package
- Pension Plan with employer contributions – free money!
- Employee Assistance Program including, Financial Advisory Services, Nutritional Counselling, Legal Advisory Services, Counselling Services, fitness program, and more!
- Corporate rates at YMCA and Goodlife Fitness
- Group social events and company perks.
Our unique culture:
Are you the kind of person who wants to make a difference in their community, and build a solid career with a growing organization? Consider joining Wood Automotive Group. For nearly 40 years, we have worked hard providing unparalleled customer service, competitive pricing and quality products. Committed to education and community, we are proud sponsors of many organizations such as: the SAIT Automotive Business Administration program, KidSport, the PREP program, The Salvation Army, the SSUBI ("Hope") Foundation and the Shaw Charity Classic.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Red Seal Ticket (preferred)
Work Location: In person