Students are welcome to apply
- Submit your resume.
- Submit a note that discusses how your experience matches our job duties.
- Note: Hourly wage is dependent on experience.
Are you looking to build off your customer service experience? Do you like working with animals and pets? Consider our position for a part-time veterinary assistant in our small veterinary practice in west-end Toronto (Etobicoke).
Veterinary clinics are very fast-paced with a rotation of duties and with animals present. Staff must follow protocols and instructions exactly and be able to work under pressure. Staff also work with animals (e.g. animal restraint, feeding patients, walking patients, etc.).
This job is not a remote job, and this job does not allow for telework. This job is an in-person job. Employees and visitors must follow follow company policies, health and safety practices, and public health guidelines.
Part-time hours take place during operating hours (e.g. Monday - Friday until 6:00 pm and Saturday until 3:00 pm)
Reception : Work with clients, answer phone calls, schedule appointments, order supplies, do data entry, register new clients and do paperwork, sell products/do retail, bill clients, provide excellent customer, re-stock food, lift heavy boxes, lift heavy cases of animal food, and do other administrative duties as required.*
Veterinary support : Feed and restrain patients, walk dogs, assist the veterinarian during various clinical and medical procedures, set up instrumentation, assist with medical tests, communicate with coworkers and the doctor, and do other veterinary support duties as required.*
Cleaning : Sterilize and maintain clean spaces, sterilize lab rooms, vacuum and mop floors, do laundry, and do other cleaning duties as required.*
* You will be required to do additional duties as required by the veterinarian.
Note: in this work environment, you will...
- Stand and walk for long periods of time;
- Be exposed to and work with animals, which includes their animal dander and fluids;
- Lift heavy boxes and cases;
- Follow company policies, health and safety practices, and public health guidelines;
- Restrain animals of varying sizes; and
- Work in a fast paced environment with many competing duties.
Police Reference Check : Selected candidates may be required to provide a satisfactory Police Reference and background check.
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Animal: 1 year (Preferred)