OPTICAL LAB PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN
Nikon Optical Canada
You are searching for a team that contributes directly to the improvement of people's lives? At Nikon Optical Canada, we are engaged in redefining the standards of vision care in Canada through our focus on innovation and providing the ultimate personalized service, experience and products. Our ophthalmic products and smoked glasses are premium products that offer the best customer experience on the market.
Brief summary of the job
You will work with a great team at Nikon!
Reporting to the Edging Supervisor, the Edging Technician works in Nikon’s Optical Lab and trim lenses to fit the frame of the glasses.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform lens marking and verification;
- Perform edging and mounting of lenses into frames;
- Perform special edging, drill mounting etc
- Have knowledge to perform all duties and production tasks of edging & mounting.
- Perform machine calibration;
- Have flexibility and adaptability for all positions including final control and for replacement of colleagues during time off (i.e. vacation and leaves); overtime, etc
- Restore damaged and out-of shape frames sent by customers and adapt lens’ edging of these frames when required;
- Evaluate the best position of the bevel in conformity with the strengths and curvature of the lenses so as to provide an aesthetically pleasing result which will be a quality reference for the laboratory.
- Perform the final control of orders respecting lab quality standards;
- Any other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- Edging experience
- Knowledge of lenses, bevel types, frames, an asset
- Precision and accuracy in carrying out manual tasks
- Observational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
Benefits to Working with Us
- Medical/Dental plan
- Retirement Plan
- Monday to Friday with some overtime
- Yearly bonus, after 1 year
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein