INSTALLATION SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.*
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Installation Sales Representatives provide expertise that allows customers to turn their dreams into reality. The service offered includes a free consultation, creation of a material list and design, and installation by qualified, local contractors. The sales team coordinates the entire project so customers can get the results they want by letting the professionals do the work.
Edit to include focus of position. The position will focus on installation of exterior product such as windows, doors and siding. / installation of floor coverings. / design and installation of kitchen and bath projects. Note if applicants need to drive their personal vehicle for work.
Typical career steps are to move to a role in contractor or commercial sales, or to become an installation sales department manager.
- Demonstrates high standards of safety and customer service
- Builds new business relationships with customers that will result in repeat business
- Prepares estimates and negotiates installation sales contracts
- Follows up on deliveries
- Continually learns about products and market conditions
- Ensures 100% customer satisfaction
- Problem solver who can work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized, and can manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Experience in sales is preferred
- A knowledge of lumber and building materials, and the construction process is an asset
- Microsoft Office skills and willingness to learn new software programs
This position offers commission after a probationary period.
- $35,000 plus commission (after probation period)
- Drug and dental benefits; life and disability insurance; RRSP
- A safe work environment
- Incentive programs
- Employee discount
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
- Structured Sales Training
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent