Commissionaires Ottawa has earned public recognition as a Market Leader, a repeat Consumer Choice Award winner and one of the largest private sector employers in the National Capital Region. We are the industry leading provider of professional security services and have been in business for over 75 years, employing 3,800 highly trained professionals.
Commissionaires Ottawa has immediate openings for a Security Supervisors. Individuals will be responsible for ensuring the effective operations of the Security Services at multiple sites and clients. Reporting to the Business Operations Manager, the section supervisor is tasked with managing the daily operations including administrative duties, asset protection as well as coordinating the security section for the safety of the facility, its employees, guests, tenants, and clients. Provide the leadership, direction safety, and security for any event related activity as required.
You will be evaluated against defined criteria, skills and attributes. As such, you should clearly identify related / relevant experience that corresponds to the qualifications below.
- Diploma in business, or a professional certification in Law and Security, Professional Security Designation or relevant practical employment experience in security management field
- Formal leadership/management training is considered an asset
- Fluently Bilingual
- Experience in security operations
- Minimum 5 years’ supervisory experience with direct reports
- Experience in managing and administrating contract requirements
- Experience in client relations
- Knowledge of the security industry and facility management
- Knowledge and experience conducting Site Physical Security Surveys is an asset
- Knowledge of ISO quality management systems is an asset
- Knowledge of government security orders
Skills & Abilities:
- Mature and positive attitude with a high level of confidentiality, professionalism and discretion
- A self-starter with demonstrated leadership, conflict resolution, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgement within established guidelines
- Possess strong planning, organizational and time management skills
- Possess strong analytical skills and creative thinking
- Ability to make immediate decisions, while maintaining composure, in emergency response situations with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to plan and prioritize multiple task, projects and issues
- Ability to write comprehensive reports and maintain routine logs
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Office suite and HRIS)
- Enhanced Reliability government security screening certificate and a successful screening to Level II (Secret) within 6 months of hiring
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for interview will be contacted.
Commissionaire values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Commissionaires’ Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Commissionaires’ hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Security: 5 years (Required)