Are you are a hardworking and dependable individual who is self-motivated and has the ability to work with little supervision? Are you are capable of multitasking and working under pressure? Are you are able to work in a team environment? Can you learn new skills as necessary to accomplish the task at hand? If you answered yes to all of these questions, working at Kawartha Capital is the right place for you!
Hours of Work: Full time from April to September, 35-40 hours per week (Saturday work is required) (Must be flexible with shifts on evenings/weekends)
Company Benefits: In effect after 6 months of employment.
Summary: You are responsible for assisting customers within the store yard by bagging materials, loading products into vehicles, and assisting in deliveries to unload material on site.
Language and Communication Skills: Has the ability to read and interpret health and safety policies and programs; ability to speak effectively individually or in groups; demonstrates excellent communication and recall abilities especially when dealing with difficult situations relating to customers.
- Bagging aggregates to be sold to customers
- Loading products into customer vehicles as required
- Maintain outdoor displays of products
- Empty garbage and recycling (inside and outside)
- Clean and maintain mulch, stone and soil bins
- Organize and maintain bin shovels and sleeves
- Organize sod (confirm inventory, “hold” for customers, break down and water as required)
- Refresh yard sample bins as needed
- Organize and stock drink fridge
- Assist in deliveries to unload material on site
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Significant time standing and walking
- Frequently reaching, bending and twisting
Experience: Customer service; knowledge of soils and/or aggregates would be an asset
This is a temporary seasonal position.
Kawartha Capital is an equal opportunity employer. Please inform us if you need accommodation during the application or interview process.
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Employee assistance programs
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary