Interested in joining a private family-owned, Canadian business? Maple Lodge Farms is Canada’s largest poultry processor. We operate to the latest in technological, health and safety and quality standards. With rapid expansion over the years, and continued innovation and investment in growth – we’re looking for committed and star players to join our team!
Role Purpose: Work closely with Project Launch team to develop commodity products from concept ideation to product ideation. Includes creating and improving Manufacturing Instructions, entering and maintaining accurate product information into MLF’s product information system.
Please note: this is a 12-month contract only. However, the successful candidate will be provided with health and dental benefits during the course of their contract.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Work closely with PLP Project team to develop commodity products from concept ideation to product launch.
- Create, review and modify Manufacturing Instructions, Bill of Materials, Consumable Reports and label information for new commodity products.
- Coordinate and execute small to large scale plant trials of fresh tray packed or bulk chicken.
- Coordinate shelf life, lab analysis and sensory testing of commodity projects.
- Provide back up to document control services for New Product Development (NPD), including maintaining up-to-date product specifications, ingredient specifications, and Manufacturing Instructions.
- Work closely with Co-Packers, Marketing, Production, Quality Assurance, Supply & Demand, Sales, Finance Department to develop commodity products with short timelines and quick turnaround.
- Supports NPD team projects with data analysis.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures: adhere/comply with company policies and procedures, and follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the food industry, preferably experience in poultry processing.
- Organized and effective multi-tasker. Manage copious amounts of information and handled multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work under pressure;
- Hands on with the ability to meet critical timelines and deliver results based on project and business needs;
- Self-starter, independent thinker, able to prioritize tasks according to timelines and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
- Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
- Good knowledge of computer software (e.g. MS Office (Excel, Word, pdf, Sharepoint).
Education and Certification Requirement: Secondary Diploma or Post Secondary Diploma in Food Technology, Food Science or Engineering, an asset.
- Building Trust – Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight – Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
Working Condition: Office based and manufacturing facility with refrigerated temperatures
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Product Development: 3 years (Required)
- Food industry: 3 years (Required)
- Research and development: 3 years (Preferred)
- DCS / DEC (Preferred)