Location: Near Kanaka Way Elementary
**Important** Please read:
This position is for "in person at home sessions*
The candidate must be within walking distance of the above location or have a vehicle to commute to the home.
All PPE will be provided for hired contractors. Strict health and safety protocols will be in place to ensure the safety of both the intervention and family.
Precision Learning Group focuses on intensive early intervention for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and other special needs, through the use of Applied Behaviour Analysis.
*Benefits to You:
This is a great starting opportunity for those wanting to pursue a career in Behaviour Consulting, Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)Therapy, Education, or related fields.
- Initial and on-going training
- Flexible schedule (perfect for students)
- Working with a great group of supportive colleagues
Days of the week: Monday-Friday
Shift duration: 2-4 hours per shift
Frequency of shifts: 4 sessions a week
Hours: between 9:00-5:00pm
Behaviour Interventionists (BIs) work one-on-one with individuals implementing client-specific intervention strategies that are developed by a Behavior Consultant (BCBA). Sessions are provided in the client's home or in community settings, depending on the needs of the student.
- At least 19 years old
- Be willing to complete a Criminal Record Check
- Experience with children
- Dependability and consistency with attendance
- Basic computer skills
- Enthusiastic individual who is willing to accept feedback
- Must have experience with young children (ages 2-4)
- Must have an understanding or knowledge of Autism and ABA
- Post-secondary education in a related area of study such as: Disability and Applied Behaviour Analysis, Special Education Assistant, Child & Youth Care, Early Childhood Education, Psychology or Social Work, Community Support Worker, etc.
- Reliable transportation (vehicle is not required but helpful).
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $20.00 to $23.00 /hour
Strict safety and health protocols will be in place. All hired contractors will be required to wear PPE.