Who we are
As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some of what you will do
Coach and develop a team of Contact Centre Associates to provide superior customer service to external and internal customers. This will be accomplished by empowering and coaching associates to use the resources, support, and information available, or to proactively create these tools where they do not exist. The Current Contact Centre hours of Operation are Monday to Friday, 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Specifically, You Will
- Responsible for hiring and developing a high-performance work team which will provide exemplary professional customer service to our external customers.
- Write performance appraisals and administer progressive discipline, as necessary.
- Use knowledge of contact centre operational standards, policies, programs, and procedures, to manage a contact centre team. This position is directly responsible for ensuring that team results meet or exceed Staples’ standards of customer service.
- Develop strategies to lead your associates to provide the best possible experience for our customers.
- Based on team goals, identify areas for improvement and implement plans for driving superior customer service at the individual and team levels.
- Use monitoring of customer interactions to identify opportunities for improvement. Using specific examples, coach and mentor associates to meet high standards of customer service.
- Motivate and develop associates by providing a supportive, challenging work support structure that offers opportunities for growth, recognition and the team and individual levels.
- Create training plans and goals for associates to ensure that their developmental needs are being addressed.
- Manage all resources effectively to support the Organization goals.
- Assist in achieving Operations financial, service, quality, resolution, and productivity targets by managing relevant metrics.
- Take escalated customer calls as required.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by your Manager.
Some of what you need
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is an asset.
- 3 to 5 years remote and/or Contact Centre supervisory experience
- Project Management experience an asset.
- Experience with interviewing and hiring.
- Interpersonal and motivational skills to communicate, coach, counsel, and reward behavior in a positive manner.
- Knowledge and experience with coaching techniques to drive performance improvements.
- Knowledge and application of analytical techniques to determine root causes and apply appropriate intervention to achieve improved performance.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional and courteous manner
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Superior systems and process capabilities.
- Problem Solver
Staples is committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect our associates, our customers and the communities we operate in. To support the health and safety of our associates, COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this position. As such, all offers of employment will be conditional upon either (i) proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or (ii) proof of need for accommodation under relevant human rights legislation, and Staples determination that the requested accommodation can be provided without undue hardship. You will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or proof of need for accommodation during our background screening process.
Job Customer Service/Contact Centers
Staples Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities.