We are a leading organization in our industry and we are looking to add a Staff Accountant to our finance department. Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant will focus on accounts payable, preparing & posting month-end journal entries, G/L & bank reconciliations, payroll, preparing financial statements, and coordinating with operations team and management team.
- Performing all bank reconciliations. Daily bank reconciliations for some major bank accounts required since these are used for cash flow projection purposes.
- Assist in manually billing some customers.
- Post journal entries.
- Credit card reconciliations.
- Assist is gathering schedules to support monthly / quarterly / year end variance analysis.
- Prepare sales tax returns and assist in gathering documents for CRA related audit
- Set up online payments as necessary
- Deliver cheques to certain vendors as necessary
- Maintaining proper filing of accounting related documents, including scanning of documents
- Participate in special projects / other tasks to perform related tasks as directed by the supervisor.
- Primary back up for Cash Application and Accounts Payable functions, including daily deposits to the bank.
- Professional accounting (or working towards) designation with 3+ years of senior level accounting experience
- A positive attitude and a willingness to go over and above to contribute to the continued success of the team and the company
- Strong technical and analytical skills including sound knowledge of Excel and ERP systems
- Sound knowledge of accounting standards, financial processes and reporting
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational, communication and decision-making skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- general ledger: 1 year (Preferred)