Firmware Development Intern
Zennea is a clinical-stage medical device company that is creating a breakthrough therapeutic device for treating upper airway resistance syndromes to improve health through sleep. We are a participant at Johnson and Johnson Innovations JLABS, HAX alumni, Creative Destruction Labs start-up, and most recently we participated in the inaugural Google Female Founder program. Zennea has excellent backing from its investors and is poised for growth.
Founded during a senior capstone project at Simon Fraser University, after a year of working in the lab, the founding team went to Shenzhen, China and San Francisco as a part of SOSV’s HAX Hardware Accelerator. Since then, the team has been a part of the exciting ecosystem of Shenzhen/Silicon Valley, while enjoying the benefits of having a head office in Vancouver.
Zennea is looking for people who emulate our values of: Excellence, Respect, and Open-mindedness in whatever job you are working on.
About the position:
Zennea is looking to add a 4-month full-time firmware developer intern to our growing team from May to August and will be a hybrid role where you will work at least 2 days in office. This role involves working directly with Zennea’s firmware engineers to develop, test, and improve the code running on our Nordic nRF52 BLE SOC and our STM32 MCU. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with C programming in an embedded environment, enthusiastic about software and product development, keen to gain experience in multiple areas of the development process, and comfortable working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environmentㅤ
IDEs: Segger Embedded Studio and STM32Cube
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Implement product requirements into the device firmware
- Collaborate with other firmware and software developers, assisting with code reviews and best practices
- Aid in the development of complex sensor algorithms
- Write and execute unit and integration test plans
- Write and document clean and reusable code
- Actively participate in team brainstorming and discussions to solve technical problems
- Collaborate with business development team to test features and collect feedback from users
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or another related field
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and fast paced environment
- Work experience with C/C++ coding
- Comfortable with Python for data analysis
- Experience with Git or other version controlling software
- Familiar with hardware debugging tools (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.)
- Excellent team player with good interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills
This role will be funded through the ITAC Career Ready Grant, to check for eligibility, please visit: https://itac-careerready.smapply.io
Zennea Technologies is dedicated to helping its employees grow and develop technical and soft skills in an innovative and collaborative environment. Zennea Technologies is an equal opportunity employer with an inclusive culture. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 4 months
Job Types: Full-time, Internship / Co-op