Pigs of Hope Adoption Lead
Take the challenge:
Pigs of Hope is an annual fundraising campaign in support of the Canadian Cancer Society Wheels of Hope transportation program. The Canadian Cancer Society is looking for lead volunteers to help organize and oversee the adoption of 10 piggy (coin) banks in Collingwood, Kincardine and Saugeen Shores.
The 2019 Pigs of Hope campaign will launch November 12th and run until December 31st.
Planning and organizing the Pigs of Hope Adoption takes time, passion and creative thinking. As the adoption site lead you will work closely with your local staff partner to secure 10 adopters for the piggies. You will also ensure that information about the importance of the Pigs of Hope campaign is shared with the adopters and you will track the distribution and return of the pigs.
With support from volunteers and the organization’s staff, you will be a part of something truly extraordinary in your community. Success depends on volunteers like you. With your community insight, you will raise awareness, encourage participation, and drive fundraising results.
- Weekly tasks averaging 2-4 hours per week depending on your community and the size of your team
The ideal Pigs of Hope Adoption Lead has:
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Great customer service
- Exceptional communication skills
- Access to a computer with Internet
- Passion for the cancer cause
You will gain skills and experience:
- Contributing to the organization’s mission of creating a world where no Canadian lives in the face of cancer
- Working collaboratively with like-minded volunteers in the community
- Building relationships in your community
Job Type: Volunteer
- Saugeen Shores, ON (Preferred)