*****All applicants must apply for the Instructor role via jobs.digitalmediaacademy.org/summer-positions to be considered.*****
Founded on the campus of Stanford University in 2002, Digital Media Academy’s core business is developing and running technology camps and courses for youth at prestigious universities across North America. Digital Media Academy instructors include industry professionals and outstanding technology educators who have a driving passion for inspiring, teaching and mentoring.
We are currently hiring instructors at our University of British Columbia summer camp!
This is a great opportunity to work in a fun and project-based learning environment where innovation and creativity is key to success. You'll certainly learn just as much as you teach!
About Our Instructor Roles
We provide the curriculum and materials, you provide the expertise! Classes run for one week each, Monday - Friday from 9a - 5p. Instructors must be available Monday - Friday from 8:30a - 5:30p for their assigned week(s).
- Our UBC camp runs from July 6 - July 31
- Courses include Java, Artificial Intelligence, Filmmaking, Music Production, Animation, Photography, Graphic Design, Robotics and more!
- Courses geared towards students ages 8 - 12 and 12 - 17
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach key concepts in a variety of formats: hands-on, direct instruction, group work and one-on-one with students
- Utilize DMA provided curriculum and resources, ensuring an organized, fun, and rewarding experience for students
- Teach with passion, structure and expertise while guiding students through the completion of a personal project
- Depending on the size and scope of the class, collaborate with and oversee one or more Assistant Instructors/TA’s who will assist with group project work, one-on-one with students and/or a sub-group of students during the week
- Take part in weekly staff meetings, to occur before and/or after camp on a designated day each week
- Assist with set up before camp starts and classroom turnover at the end of each week as necessary
- Assist with student check in and orientation on Monday mornings
- Must demonstrate proficiency in course subject matter (filmmaking, coding, graphic design, robotics etc)
- Professional classroom teaching or tutoring experience for ages 8 - 17
- Excellent communication skills, patience, flexibility, creativity, & energy
- Eligible to work in the US without visa/work permit sponsorship by employer
- Must be available for the dates and times of the camp, no exceptions (see above)
Instructor salary - $1000/week CAD
How To Apply
Apply online via https://jobs.digitalmediaacademy.org/summer-positions. All applicants must apply online via job website to be considered. Please include a resume, as well as a portfolio link if applicable.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $1,000.00 /week